1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Comments on the Kershaw Forum - let's keep it appropriate.

Discussion in 'Kershaw Knives / Zero Tolerance' started by jimmer_5, Jan 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimmer_5

jimmer_5

Jan 25, 2007
    Folks -

As some of you may have seen, I just did something that I have not had to do before on this forum - I deleted some comments in a thread. I want you all to know the following:

1. None of the comments were extremely out of line - I believe they were all innocently intentioned compliments.

2. The member who started the thread in question did nothing wrong - his video review was greatly appreciated, and this kind of content is very helpful to those out there who can't make it out to the shows to see the new products.

3. I make every effort possible to avoid deleting anyone's comments, positive or negative. Comments and criticisms are welcomed so long as they are expressed in a respectful manner. However, we will not allow personal comments about our staff in this forum. I know that the things that were said were complimentary, but it's not fair to them.

KershawLynda and myself are the only people that comment regularly in this forum, but lots of our customer service staff keep an eye on the forums. They do this because they care. And that's a really cool thing. This is a public community, and we want this forum to be a place where everyone can feel comfortable. We've got a good thing going here, so let's keep it that way.

As I said before, pictures and videos from SHOT Show, BLADE Show, etc, are awesome, and we want to continue to see them here. We want to see discussion and comments on the new products. We appreciate your opinions. All we ask is that we please keep the commentary on topic, no matter how cool the KAI customer service reps happen to be.

Thanks everybody,

- Jim

2. 2brothers

2brothers

Apr 22, 2007
    You've done just fine Jim. I appreciate the entire staff at KAI and the work they perform.

3. symphonyincminor

symphonyincminor Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 5, 2005
    .... and the ghost of Thomas lives on.........

4. symphonyincminor

symphonyincminor Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Please don't delete that last comment - no offense intended !! :eek: Don't want to offend anyone, ya know? Gotta look out for those extra-sensitive individuals.........

5. greeenie

greeenie

Nov 27, 2012
    Thanks Jimjam, love the work. Its not easy being a moderator, as i Admin another site, so i know what you are going through. All you really want is to keep things on the up and up. Thank you for the work you do, and if you need any help, just lmk

6. Morrow

Morrow Don't make this weird Staff Member Super Mod

Apr 11, 2007
    Enough of this.

7. chester22

chester22

Feb 1, 2012
    I'm sorry for any harm that was done.

8. jimmer_5

jimmer_5

Jan 25, 2007
    Symphony - I was worried about this when I started this thread. I don't want you guys to feel censored - I'm not gonna run around deleting comments. I hope to never have to do it again. Nothing that was said was anything but a compliment, but I felt that that kind of discussion did not belong here. No one's being extra sensitive - we just need to remember that this is a public forum and lots of people male and female read it regularly.

The flip side is, you can feel free to mock me all you like. Heck, I'm an easy target. :) Give it a try!

9. greeenie

greeenie

Nov 27, 2012
    u mean to tell me that there are girls here???? :eek:

10. TotalDbag

TotalDbag

Nov 3, 2012
    That can't be possible!!!

11. seelow123

seelow123

Oct 4, 2008
    You're a good guy Jim:thumbup: Thanks for sticking around with us crazies.

12. SPXTrader

SPXTrader

Dec 26, 2006
    I completely agree Jim and if my comment offended the party in question please offer her my most sincere apologies.

13. sticktodrum

sticktodrum

Apr 16, 2012
    I seem to miss all the juicy stuff... que paso?

14. cncpro11

cncpro11

May 28, 2012
    I dont know about anyone else but, I for one am saving my nickels for that 0566 she was showing off!

15. nccole

nccole

Jun 2, 2011
    I liked the 0566, but might have to get the 0770 first. Either one will be great, and I might have both eventually. I was itching to try ELMAX, so thanks to ZT for putting two reasonably priced awesome knives in ELMAX out there. The other all Ti is nice too, but didn't quite do it for me.

16. jdneel

jdneel

Sep 25, 2012
    I'm always a day late and a dollar short for the good stuff!

10-4 on the comments.

17. oregonknifenerd

oregonknifenerd

Dec 5, 2011
    Jim looks just as good in a skirt as the Kershaw ladies!
    Hey, this IS fun! :)

18. bad_juju

bad_juju Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Oh Gawd I think Im gonna...:barf: Sorry Jimmer, I'm sure you look just fine in a skirt...

19. ono724

ono724

Jul 17, 2010
    One of the best things about the Kershaw forum is how laid back it is. Most everyone goes out of their way to be helpful without the sarcasm and rudeness that sometimes happens in the other forums.

Of course, the knives are nice too... :D

20. FCM415

FCM415 Banned BANNED

Jul 9, 2012
    *Raises hand* Guilty!

Now I feel bad, sorry guys

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.