Comments on the Kershaw Forum - let's keep it appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
All we ask is that we please keep the commentary on topic, no matter how cool the KAI customer service reps happen to be.
[/B]
Thanks everybody,

- Jim

All-around, very well put, Jim. Thanks. I have always felt extremely lucky to work with so many awesome fun people in the CS department at Kai. They are all friendly and knowledgable and several are personal friends of mine. Jim is ok, too. ;)

All we ask is that we please keep the commentary on topic, no matter how cool the KAI customer service reps happen to be.

Thanks everybody,

- Jim

Like you said, the people working at the KAI booths are professionals, and should be treated as such.

I agree wholeheartedly with both Jim's and Dan57's comments here; we ought to comply with their directives without exception.

And I find it interesting that every time I have watched a posted YouTube video in which a female KAI rep explains new products to someone at either the Shot Show or Blade Show, she is young, white, and attractive. Given what must be an overwhelmingly male market for KAI's folders and fixed-blade everyday carry and hunting knives, I doubt this trade-show personnel selection is a coincidence. If this is indeed merely a coincidence and/or there are counter-examples to the contrary, I will readily stand corrected and apologize for my remarks. If not, perhaps KAI could address their own hiring practices in addition to the inappropriate posts of forum members.

Cheers,
Isaeus

All-around, very well put, Jim. Thanks. I have always felt extremely lucky to work with so many awesome fun people in the CS department at Kai. They are all friendly and knowledgable and several are personal friends of mine. Jim is ok, too. ;)

I think we all as a whole here in the kai subforum are lucky to have great mods such as yourself and jimmer. Thanks for putting up with all of us. We are also very lucky to have an awesome customer service dept to put up with all of us no matter how large or small the problem!

I agree wholeheartedly with both Jim's and Dan57's comments here; we ought to comply with their directives without exception.

And I find it interesting that every time I have watched a posted YouTube video in which a female KAI rep explains new products to someone at either the Shot Show or Blade Show, she is young, white, and attractive. Given what must be an overwhelmingly male market for KAI's folders and fixed-blade everyday carry and hunting knives, I doubt this trade-show personnel selection is a coincidence. If this is indeed merely a coincidence and/or there are counter-examples to the contrary, I will readily stand corrected and apologize for my remarks. If not, perhaps KAI could address their own hiring practices in addition to the inappropriate posts of forum members.

Cheers,
Isaeus

I am not really going to comment on your whole post, but leave race out of it. Yes, in general, any trade show (Shot Show, Fabtech, video games, automotive etc), you will see attractive people, that is the way it goes, but BF has a very strict policy against anything racial in nature.

Cheers,
Isaeus
"call a spade a spade"

Wow, I guess this thread will need to be locked as well.

Isaeus, I am not going to dignify your comment with a response. Our hiring practices are not up for discussion, and I am disappointed in your remark.

Thank you all for your willingness to help keep this community friendly to everyone. To those who expressed apologies, thank you very much.

- Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back