• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Complaint on Dale Chudzinski

Hello...
I sent Dale Chudzinski a money order for a Nessmuk knife way back in the first week of May (2005)

Needless to say I have not received the knife and have gotten many email excuses about why it hasn't been sent. The last one being that it was completed but the sheath needed sewing.

This was Dec 2nd and still no knife.

Has anyone else had this problem with him? I would appreciate any info you can give me. From what I had read about him before I ordered the knife, I thought he was dependable, otherwise I would not have sent him my money. Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Oldhippy

Very weird but thanks for the heads up, I've contacted him about Nessmuk about a month ago and he told me it would only take 5 weeks to get this knife. I've decided to go with someone else and therefore did not order. It seems that I made a right decision....

I have only heard REALLY GREAT things about Dale. He is a regular at the Lean-To, and contributes a lot over there!

I'm sorry to hear you've had a delay, but I'm confident Dale will come through :)

Dale's a good guy. Give him a shout and I'm sure he will take good care of you. He may have run into a few set backs.
Scott

Geez, I hope he takes care of me first. I paid for two Nessmuks, along with a special piece of wood for the handles, back in the beginning of September, 2004. Yup, well over a year ago. He was having to take care of his folks do to serious health issues, and I told him not to worry about my knives, I wasn't in any hurry.
I'm still not worried about getting ripped off or anything. I'm sure I'll get my knives eventually, but it did suck reading someones' post about how they just got their Nessmuk after ordering it a month or so earlier, while mine were paid for almost a year before theirs.
Last time I contacted Dale he apologized for losing touch with me, and that he didn't know how that happened. He said he'd get the knives to me ASAP, that was two months ago.

Bobert

I ordered a Nessmuk from Dale last year and I'm very pleased with it. I found Dale to be a pleasure to deal with, and I wouldn't hesitate to order another knife from him (in fact, I already did :) ).

My advice would be (and this applies to any maker):
1) to stay in contact with the maker so you know what is going on and
2) make sure you both have the same expectations about delivery times, etc.

Dale is a REALLY good guy - I am sure he will get you guys straightened out.

Pat

Dale Chudzinski? :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
that pretty much sums it up. He'll make good, we all miss a beat now and again but Dale's reputation is golden so I'm sure you'll get taken care of. the reward in the end will be a great knife you can count on.
pilgrim

Dale is absolutely a stand-up guy. Everybody can get behind from time to time, but I have no doubt that Dale will take care of you. Why don't you discuss this with him directly instead of publically, I'm sure you'll be satisfied in the end.

I'd have to aggree with Elnath. I've had nothing but good dealings with Dale, and like mentioned earlier everyone gets behind now and again. Sometimes you forget as well, hell I even forgot my nieces name once; don't know how as it was almost exactly the same as mine?

Dale has notified me of this matter.

Rest assured that Dale has an excellent reputation both in the real and cyber worlds and that you will be taken care of.

He is a bit behind schedule at the moment but if you'll just be patient and work with him (via phone and or email) I'm sure that you'll be satisfied with the outcome.

Dale :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: . I have had many dealings with Dale (3 knives) all with No problems. I would order from him again anytime!!!! He`s one of the Good Ones .

I too have confidence in Dale. He knows his stuff about the Nessmuk knives he makes. He's a regular over at the Hoodlums forum (Ron Hood's forum)
Scott

Dale is like an old-time artisan, as you might have found 150 years ago. Rest assured you are dealing with a man of impeccable reputation. He does get behind at times as he does each knife by his own hands. The wait is well worth it.

dale is a stand up guy, he does each knife personally, and it shows in the craftsmanship, i t is worth the wait.

alex

oldhippy, let me know if you want $$ instead of the knife you ordered. I've been looking to get on Dale's order sheets and I'd be happy to reimburse you to take over your order. Dale is a first-rate maker and a class act, I'd be quite happy to wait in your place!

whitie

This is the kind of support I expected to see for Dale... as he has earned a reputation that deserves such respect and confidence from his friends and customers. :D

Dale is a great guy. If you got a problem, let him know and he'll make it right. I've seen him bend over backwards to satisfy people who didn't deserve it, so if you have a legit complaint, no worries at all.

Leo

Dale is a good guy, I'm sure he will straighten things out.:thumbup:

Back