Confession

After reading Norm's post about his job from hell and explanation on not sharing with others' I felt the need to post this.
A few weeks ago I was diagnosed with a very aggresive form of lymphoma, and told to get my things (s- - t) in order. At that time it was 2-4 months and I could go through the treatments but it would just make my extended couple of months miseable. Like Norm I haven't ask for smoke and prayers, not because I'm above all that, but because this is or was a very private thing and in all honestly didn't want to bum alot of folks out.
I have been ask about my log-in name; it comes from 1967 when I was vacationing in southeast Asia, staying at a greek fraternity, Project Sigma (B-56) outside of Siagon. Times were interesting and we kept busy with all sorts of games and activities. I was sent home, after a mishap, in Nov and never returned.
Those were times when I felt we(as a group) were making a difference in the worlds struggle against evil, looking back I think it was just chumming. Anyway...
I would like to thank everyone at the Cantina for the information and friendship over the past months, I will be doing some traveling and out of touch most of the time, but will check in when possible.

Thanks again

Dick

Munk: As requested, I'm leaving the forum.

Wow Dick. This is crushing news for me. I am very sorry to hear it. You, sir, will always be a friend as you have been to me. Prayers from Atlanta. You may contact me at any time, and I'll be glad of it. For what its worth, in my pitiful understanding of what it means, you are an exemplary example of the HI Cantanista! Lemme know if there is ANYTHING you need.

Smoke up!

Sorry to hear this. :( Make sure you enjoy life and go to the places you've always wanted to and eat what you want.

Best wishes.

I always enjoy reading your posts and am sorry to hear about the health issues. Prove them a liar if you can. If not, get out and do those things that make life worth living: Laughing, loving, learning and seeing the beauty of nature.
Check back in when you can and share with us.

Sogguy;

This is hard for me to take right now, I can't imagine what it must be like for you. "deserves got nothing to do with it."
Bless you. Bless you for the help you are here, for the humanity you've brought. Bless you for what we cannot see or say.

Bless you for being our friend. Thank you for taking the risk and leaping the gulf. I know it helps everyone when you risk talking about yourself; it helps the forum, it helps the best in our humanity. I have faith that it does. I asked people to tell when they were doing, going, coming, and returning. I asked my peers here to tell us if they were leaving.
It makes me sad, but if this place was not as good as it is, it would not be neccesary. It means something only if we are really here, in this place on this planet, with each other.

Damn, darn, God bless you.

munk

Dick,

We are all under a death sentence. Yours is a little more explicit than most. Please give care to your living and dying, and conduct them as skillfully as possible. I wouldn't talk that way to many people, but to you I will.

Feel free to e-mail me, or call.

Peace be with you.

Not easy to follow Howard's last... :(

Dick, I'm so sorry. Please don't leave the forum- it's a small but real place where you are known, liked and respected.

And I hope you get the opportunity to go out and do every single thing you want to. As far as making a difference goes, we may all make a difference, or never know if we did. What matters is to try. It sounds like you did that.

Please check back.

Mike :mad:

Some forms of lymphoma are very treatable. A close relative was diagnosed with lymphoma and had inoperable huge growths in his body cavity. ...basketball sized stuff.

He got a good oncologist and is still here, doing fine, 10 years late. The treatments were not fun, but they worked.

Good luck with yours.

I thank all of you suggesting "going and doing" what I want. I have lived my life doing that, so I have only few places to go back too, or some that is too far off and they probably wouldn't issue me a visa anyway.
As a follow-up, Bill's "The dreamer" is in route to me as we speak, when it gets here I will get it scanned and put on a CD for those that want it. If you haven't done so and would like one, email me with an address.

It's really not to difficult to understand Howards post, and he is correct.

Dick

I am truly saddened by the health news you have shared with us BUT I shall include you in my prayers as I am certain many others will. I believe in the power of prayer for the best for whomever I am praying for so I offer you that peace and joy for now. Please do keep in touch with all of us and let us know what is going on in your world. We shall look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for all your support of HI and your kindness and friendship to me personally.

Dick, I thank you for sharing this with us. It will help us deal with the situation. I hope and pray that the time you have left is as joyful, and comfortable as possible.

Thank you also for your help with the Fundraiser for Ram. You've been a big supporter.

I want to say more, but the words won't come.

Steve

Dick, I am at a loss, sir. Heartfelt smoke and prayers going your way.

Jake

Smoke...do what you have to.

Welcome Home.

Dick, we all get to go way too soon; it is more a question of how you go then when you go. Just because someone has quoted you a date does not preclude any of us from beating you to the launch pad. Just stay positive and prove that SOB wrong.

n2s

What everyone has said and I'll add donadagohvi as well because ndns never say goodbye, we say, "We will see each other again."
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Dick has become a friend and I wish him peace and comfort. I have only been corresponding with him for 6 or 7 months but it feels like years. He is the most generous person I know.

Dick, I'm glad you decided to share this information with the forum. God Bless you always.

Your friend,

Norm

Back