Confession

Discussion in 'H.I. Cantina' started by sogguy, Aug 29, 2006.

1. gravertom

gravertom

Jun 4, 2004
    prayers from here.

:(

Tom

2. mamav

mamav

Apr 23, 2003
    :( Prayers for you and yours from AZ.

3. Bri in Chi

Bri in Chi

May 28, 2003
    What Yvsa said. Email sent. You have friends here. Despite what you may think...;)

4. sogguy

sogguy

Nov 17, 2004
    I would like to acknowledge this GREAT forum and all it's members.

The out pouring of support and understanding has overwhelmed me. The Cantina has always responded to request for support, but this post, as well as the many other emails and PM's have left me very proud to be a part of such a kind and respectful group.
    THANK YOU, one and all.

Dick

5. SilverFoxKnows

SilverFoxKnows

Sep 25, 2002
    for you and yours.

Frank

6. ACStudios

ACStudios

Apr 9, 2001
    Smoke and prayers for you from Wyoming.

I just had a mentor of mine (gave me my start in journalism) pass from ovarian cancer on the 22nd of Aug. She knew what was coming and retired early in April to go do things she didn't have the chance to while working. She's gone now, but lived the last few months of her life to the fullest.

I pray that you are able to accomplish as much in your journey. Good luck and God Bless with whatever you decide to do. Please do check in when the opportunity presents itself.

Alan

7. Red Flower

Red Flower

Oct 13, 2004
    I'm very sorry to hear about that.

I don't know what I should say. After working in a nursing home, I do see death differently. In the ICU where I used to work, I tried hard to cure and save every one's life, but now I am working hard on keeping my older patients in the nursing home comfortable, helping them to reach that point as they wished--no pain, no suffering, die peacefully, so they can have a high quality of life, but not a high quantity of life.

As Howard said, we will all reach that point sooner or later, we have to face it, it is just a matter of how.

Best wishes with you. Enjoy the time and stop by the forum when you can.

Peace with you.

8. jmings

jmings

Aug 20, 2005
    Dick, you have all my best wishes.
    This evokes a bunch of inappropiate jokes and memories so I'll just say "Walk in beauty".

9. wildmanh

wildmanh Part time Leather Bender/Sheath maker

Jul 9, 2000
    Dick, You and yours are in my prayers. God Bless!!

And if you deside to head to Utah soon, look me up. I'll whip up something yummy for you in the Dutch Oven. :) Peace be your jurney.

Heber

10. M. Taylor

M. Taylor

Dec 4, 2005
    I've been thinking about you (and praying for you) often.

God bless,

Mark

11. cavetech

cavetech

Nov 25, 2005
    What a shock, Dick. My thoughts are with you and your family. I wish you the best. Wish I had better words to express myself.