Considering an Umnumzaan

these things are worse then rabbits ... nice collection ... but I think my decesions been made ... this week I'll be placing an order ... now it's just a matter of if I can limit it to just the Umnumzaan ... or if there might be a couple others sneak into the cart before I get finished.

now it's just a matter of if I can limit it to just the Umnumzaan ... or if there might be a couple others sneak into the cart before I get finished.

Slippery slope.... the Umnuum bug was late in coming to me but once you get one in hand it makes sense. You need to consider a 21 as well... a classic that you need to experience.

I have a handful of 21s and a 25 and now a Large Inkosi and a couple Nyalas ... so the Umnumzaan will fill out almost everything ... it will probably whisper to me at night that I need a Mnandi ... o_O

Slippery slope.... the Umnuum bug was late in coming to me but once you get one in hand it makes sense. You need to consider a 21 as well... a classic that you need to experience.

Curse all you enablers !!! ... And you had to pick a nice dark wood inlay to post ... the one type that always seem to catch my eye ... a nice looking pair ... *must not look directly at picture* ... ok ... so if you hear something shatter it's just the piggy bank ...

Curse all you enablers !!! ... And you had to pick a nice dark wood inlay to post ... the one type that always seem to catch my eye ... a nice looking pair ... *must not look directly at picture* ... ok ... so if you hear something shatter it's just the piggy bank ...

OK, look down instead of directly at that pic. ;)

DiamondMnandi-Balcony4.jpg

I can haz lunch money after looking at all the purdy pictures and having internet access all weekend ???

just tell me they dont offer the Mnandi in Desert Ironwood or Cocabola or nice darker Bocote and I might escape and not have to drive to Boston to get a "loan" ...

knew I was gonna need an accountant soon as I started this thread and asked the question ... me and my big mouth ...

Last edited:
I can haz lunch money after looking at all the purdy pictures and having internet access all weekend ???

just tell me they dont offer the Mnandi in Desert Ironwood or Cocabola or nice darker Bocote and I might escape and not have to drive to Boston to get a "loan" ...

knew I was gonna need an accountant soon as I started this thread and asked the question ... me and my big mouth ...

The 2 together above are Desert Ironwood, here's some Cocobolo....

CocoboloOpen3.jpg

CocoboloScale.jpg

And some Bocote...

Bocote-Back.jpg

BocoteStraight1.jpg

BocoteCurly1.jpg

I have to admit I rarely go anywhere I'd consider that I should carry a bit classier knife then most days ... and I have a couple slipjoints and a couple Mcusta one in very nicely figured Quince wood ... but looking at those Mnandis ... they may end up finding a way to fill that role.

Those are some great looking knives ... maybe I can hope they don't fit me well or they discontinue them before I start buying those ... o_O

I think I need to stop typing ... especially in this thread before I have half a dozen new CRKs ... to fondle as I get comfortable for the night sleeping in my truck ... lol

Well you all should be happy ... just hit confirm for the order for my first Umnumzaan ... I resisted adding a Mnandi to this order at least ... but man saw a few that made it hard.

I've almost convinced myself the Mnandi is just a bit to small for my hand ... now don't go posting pics showing it fits your hand great n stuff ... I may wanna eat this month sometime ... and after the holidays and the Umnumzaan ... well my wallets feeling thin at the moment.

So next week I'll post pics of my newest addition ... although it will be a singular Umnumzaan not a whole clan.

Thanks to all that assisted in my jumping into an Umnumzaan ... or thanks I think ??? ... JJ

Well you all should be happy ... just hit confirm for the order for my first Umnumzaan ... I resisted adding a Mnandi to this order at least ... but man saw a few that made it hard.

I've almost convinced myself the Mnandi is just a bit to small for my hand ... now don't go posting pics showing it fits your hand great n stuff ... I may wanna eat this month sometime ... and after the holidays and the Umnumzaan ... well my wallets feeling thin at the moment.

So next week I'll post pics of my newest addition ... although it will be a singular Umnumzaan not a whole clan.

Thanks to all that assisted in my jumping into an Umnumzaan ... or thanks I think ??? ... JJ

There is a subset of us with high blood pressure from the top ramen diet. Hardly sustenance but you should see the collections!

Congrats!

Well just got and opened my CRK Umnumzaan ... ummm ... how in the h*** and why in the h*** ... did I wait so long to get one of these ???!!!

I loveee it ! ... I haven't been so excited or more pleased with many knives in sometime ...

for Christmas my father wanted to get my nephew a special gift for a Christmas/congratulations for opening his own landscaping business ... and I helped dad look and we picked out a CRK/Wilson Combat Inkosi ... and I really liked that knife so I got myself one of those ...

but now through wondering about them and liking the look so much and wanting to try one and the members telling me more about the Umnumzaan ... and of course posting all the pictures ...

I finally ordered one ... have to say I'm impressed ... many said they were a bit hard to open and may take a break in period ... but it is like butter and as easy and smooth as any CRK model I've ever had ... and I am so glad all the pictures and suggestions finally got me to try one.

It may become my favorite CRK ... I can't wait to use it and see how it compares in performance to my other CRKs ... and I will get some pictures soon and post them.

But I can say ... if there is anyone that is on the fence about the Umnumzaan like I was ... jump on it ... I'll post more after I get a chance to use it some.

Thanks to all that replied!!! JJ

Last edited:
NOOOO ARGGGG ... wait until Feb. at least ... my poor wallet looks like its had gastric bypass surgey ... lol ... I already saw a mnandi that if it's still there in Feb. will probably not be there after ...

unless this Umnumzaan starts to reproduce ... if you get them wet after midnight do they reproduce? ... o_O

Congrats on your ‘Zaan!
It was my first CRK and still my favorire.

Now it’s time for you to post a pic!

Back