Cooking

JK Knives

I know a few of us here enjoy cooking, whether it`s in the house, or on the grill. Our good friend (and the guy we enjoy teasing), protourist, had his wife send a sample package of several spices, which she puts together. I cooked pork chops on the grill this afternoon, and used some of the Mountain Mix spice for steaks or chops. The flavor was incredible! If you enjoy cooking, and are looking for something to liven your food up, I recomment contacting Drift Creek Gourmet at http://driftcreekgourmet.com/index.html

Thanks John. I'm glad you liked them.
Karen will be really happy to hear it.

We also had some hamburger left over from the Sloppy Joes Connie took over to Hanna and Haley. I mixed some of the spices into the meat before forming the patties, yum!

Me too!
I have it saved in my top sites & will be ordering soon.
Thanks for spreading the word John & shame on you Mack for not.

Yep, made me hungry as well. I've been looking for a tasty replacement for the "Dillo Dust" Larue Tactical sends with packages.

Here is another endorsement for the spices, works great in hamburger!

376265_4183145892701_2010147955_n.jpg

Go Hanna!

I got out my sample pack from Drift Creek Gourmet, tonight to try on some Filet Mignon.

DSC_7348.JPG

I used the Mountain Mix to rub the steaks down before grilling. I used the whole packet on the two large filets - coating each side twice, then patting it in.

DSC_7353.JPG

DSC_7356.JPG

DSC_7357.JPG

Obligatory JK Knife shot - my JK Modified Wharncliffe, extra long and anorexic (to steal the Jerry Busse term for a thinner blade).
DSC_7360.JPG

Each packet of Drift Creek Gourmet spice comes with thorough yet simple directions for use.
DSC_7355.JPG

After letting the steaks rest for 15-20 minutes, onto the grill they went! I could smell the smoky goodness of the Mountain Mix -
DSC_7361.JPG

Perfectly grilled!
DSC_7369.JPG

The Mountain Mix added a unique, but NOT spicy hot, flavor to the steaks. I believe there was caraway seeds in the mix, which I could taste, along with other spices that worked together in a nice subtle harmony.

I think this mix would better compliment chicken or pork chops, with it's more "country style" flavor. Very good flavor, and Maggie and I both enjoyed the unique flavor of the mix on the steaks.

Being in the great cornfield in July, we of course had the requisite sweet corn (on the cob). I used the Drift Creek Gourmet Pacific Crest Pepper and the Cape Foulweather Sea Salt to season my corn (along with copious amounts of sweet cream butter....)
DSC_7371.JPG

Oh my! So wonderfully full of flavor! I have never had a smoked salt or pepper before - and I know I will be ordering these two ingredients from Drift Creek Gourmet - these are really something to try!! The packages have a wonderful smoked aroma, which adds that to your typical lively sea salt and cracked black pepper - I wonder if Drift Creek will eventually offer the peppercorns smoked so the diner can put the smoked peppercorns into a grinder which might make the pepper even more robust on the palate.

I have a few other packets yet to try, and I will add to my pictures and review as I get to try more of the sample packets from Drift Creek Gourmet.

Preacher's Peppers - three!
DSC_7351.JPG

Fathom Mix
DSC_7352.JPG

and finally Pacific Crest Paparika, smoked of course!
DSC_7354.JPG

Drift Creek Gourmet offers sample packs for only $8 at the moment - Thanks John for reminding me of that!

http://driftcreekgourmet.com/gourmet-products.html

Thanks to Mack and SWMBO for the wonderful sample pack, and look for my order in the next week for more of that salt and pepper!

very best regards -

mqqn

Last edited:
For the hamburgers I just mixed the seasoning with the meat while forming the patties, works great! I believe I saw sample packs for sale on the site.

good grief. i couldn't resist. :rolleyes: just ordered my sample packet. all the food pics looked like mouth-watering, savory goodness...

Thanks guys. She's been working her butt off and the stuff is really good.
I'm sure glad that you like it.

376265_4183145892701_2010147955_n.jpg

What a great shot.:thumbup:

good grief. i couldn't resist. :rolleyes: just ordered my sample packet. all the food pics looked like mouth-watering, savory goodness...

I received your order!! Thank you!! Please email me at: chef@driftcreekgourmet.com and let me know which 6 seasonings you want. I will ship them as soon as I get word of your choices.

Thank you John and Andy for all your great feedback and pictures!!! I will look into smoking whole peppercorns; sounds interesting! Those seeds are not caraway, they are fennel seeds (so good). Glad you are enjoying Drift Creek Gourmet seasonings.
Chef Karen (SWMBO)

Last edited:
email sent!

I received your order!! Thank you!! Please email me at: chef@driftcreekgourmet.com and let me know which 6 seasonings you want. I will ship them as soon as I get word of your choices.

Thank you John and Andy for all your great feedback and pictures!!! I will look into smoking whole peppercorns; sounds interesting! Those seeds are not caraway, they are fennel seeds (so good). Glad you are enjoying Drift Creek Gourmet seasonings.
Chef Karen (SWMBO)

got my sample packets in from drift creek! super tastey. :) i made wild sea bass (from costco :p) with the landlubber and fathom mixes. mmmm! used toby's knife to prep everything. great lil cutter, but me thinks me needs a set of kitchen knives from jk....

photo56.jpg

photo54copy.jpg

photo53copy.jpg

photo52copy2.jpg

photo55.jpg

Wn't believe this but I looked at the first picture and thought "wow, what knife is that"...doh! Looks awesome T, and tasty as heck.

I woke up early feeling really hungry and log on to find a post about wild sea bass and spuds. Just what I needed.:D

Back