Cooking

Anniversary EDC?

looks a little big for that. i was going to guess one of Johns old combat knives. forget what it was called Cool! this gives me something to do. i'm going on a photo scavenger hunt! :D

It's the first Compact Combat/Survival that John made. The handle is green canvas micarta [first time John used this too] and over time, grease, mineral oil, and abundant sunshine, it developed a rich chocolate brown color. I love it.

It's the first Compact Combat/Survival that John made. The handle is green canvas micarta [first time John used this too] and over time, grease, mineral oil, and abundant sunshine, it developed a rich chocolate brown color. I love it.

Well, there goes my scavenger hunt. :p thanks Jack. i really like it.

This is what it looked like when John posted it for sale.

Attachments

• JK Compact Combat-Survival.jpg
    JK Compact Combat-Survival.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 10
Karen tried a new recipe that she thought you may enjoy. Chicken Cream Cheese Chili.

She'll post the recipe here in a little while.

Chicken Cream Cheese Chili

5 or 6 chicken breast tenders, leftover or sauteed in olive oil & salt, then cooled. Cut into 1/2" cubes.
2 leeks, 1/8" slices in white part.
3 ribs celery w/ leaves, sliced 1/4" thick.
2 large shallots, sliced 1/8" thick.
1 head garlic, peeled and chopped.
4 oz can green chilies, your choice mild or hot.
14.5 oz can diced tomatoes with juice.
1/2 cup corn (try hominy instead? Just a thought.)
2 TBS + 1 tsp Fogbuster Mix
8 oz brick of cream cheese (regular or try lower fat)
2 cups water (more if thinner soup is desired.)
Top with: grated sharp cheddar cheese
chives or green onion
dusting of Fogbuster

Saute leeks and celery in olive oil for 4 minutes. Add shallots and garlic, saute until aromatic and tender. Add tomatoes, green chilies and corn. Stir, then add Fogbuster. Bring to simmer. Add cream cheese and water, stir until incorporated and bring to simmer. Add cooked chicken and gently stir to mix. Remove from heat when simmers.
Pour into bowls, adorn with toppings.

Try crushed corn tortilla chips on top?

You guys are killing me! Love that kind of food. I live in a area where most people eat like cattle!
I love good fresh veggies, But you got to have meat & fish.

There is probably a city zoning Ordinance against Chili with cream cheese & Chicken around here.
I know there is if it was beef in that chili! LOL

You guys are killing me! Love that kind of food. I live in a area where most people eat like cattle!
I love good fresh veggies, But you got to have meat & fish.

There is probably a city zoning Ordinance against Chili with cream cheese & Chicken around here.
I know there is if it was beef in that chili! LOL

Karen and I love flavor. We both do all our cooking to get as much flavor as humanly possible out of it. Notice, she doesn't use a clove of garlic, she uses "a whole head of garlic".
I'm a lucky man.:D

Karen and I love flavor. We both do all our cooking to get as much flavor as humanly possible out of it. Notice, she doesn't use a clove of garlic, she uses "a whole head of garlic".
I'm a lucky man.:D

I am all for lots of Garlic! I will try that great recipe soon.
Thanks for sharing.

I can probably get it to taste as good as hers but mine would never look that good. Very well done!

Back