CPK "Knife love" ? Actual use pics. Not for Glamour shots

Today was a long chorin’ day and since I knew I was going to be outside all day, I threw the FK2 on the belt and got after it. Unfortunately, the thought never really crossed my mind to take pictures amidst the work so a post work pic will have to do.

I had a fair bit of work to do: mowing, weed pulling, weed whacking, brush and branch cleanup, some stuff to prep for a dump run, and a bit of garden maintenance. I had my kids helping me so they got to use the knife about as much as I did throughout the day. Cutting blackberry vines, thistle stocks, twine, weed blocker, and so many other odd jobs - this knife got quite the workout today.

Unfortunately, the pic doesn’t really show how dirty the knife is and I couldn’t capture the edge wear all that well but it is what it is. I cleaned her up and freshened up the edge after the pics.

ohyxX6x.jpg

zAdCtkR.jpg

More so the aftermath and I wouldn't call this love.
I was cutting some doubled up 11mm nylon/poly rope and I pulled a lot harder than I had to. Slammed this edge into a correlle bowl. Don't worry the bowl is completely fine much to my surprise. The edge on the other hand mushroomed.

TxhNa3i.jpg

e3MOCRW.jpg

Rr0Yar8.jpg

Got a little work to do now to fix this. Beware of correlle bowls. Hard and apparently very tough/impact resistant.

More so the aftermath and I wouldn't call this love.
I was cutting some doubled up 11mm nylon/poly rope and I pulled a lot harder than I had to. Slammed this edge into a correlle bowl. Don't worry the bowl is completely fine much to my surprise. The edge on the other hand mushroomed.

TxhNa3i.jpg

e3MOCRW.jpg

Rr0Yar8.jpg

Got a little work to do now to fix this. Beware of correlle bowls. Hard and apparently very tough/impact resistant.
gotta buy stock in CORELLE dishes.......

Last edited:
Back