CPK "Knife love" ? Actual use pics. Not for Glamour shots

even over the bc? is that because it's lighter/faster, higher tip speed in swing?

Oh, no. The BC will run circles around it in a pure chopping contest. I said overall our best chopper. Well balanced and easy enough to carry on a trip. The 10" Medium Chopper was a fine and useful practical knife with a dumb name.

Oh, no. The BC will run circles around it in a pure chopping contest. I said overall our best chopper. Well balanced and easy enough to carry on a trip. The 10" Medium Chopper was a fine and useful practical knife with a dumb name.
Definitely the Goldilocks chopper. Of all my CPKs (of ANY size/type), the MC is my favorite.

I've mentioned before that I like Large Camp Knives in the 9-10" blade range. I can use them for most tasks in the backwoods, and prefer that size to something in the ~6" blade range (where many have a preference for the HDFK for outdoors use).

It's just a preference, that for me, is the best combination of chopping power and portability/wieldability. While the BC and especially Behemother are absolute chopping beasts, they're bigger/heavier than I'd prefer ro hump around on longer hikes, but I prefer the greater chopping and splitting ability of the MC over the HDFK.

The MC is the creme de la creme for folks who like knives like the Esee Junglas and Cold Steel Trailmaster.

The MC is the creme de la creme for folks who like knives like the Esee Junglas and Cold Steel Trailmaster.

I had a Junglas but sold it. I wanted to love it but just couldn't. It rusted like there was no tomorrow (and, honestly, why did they decide to laser etch that super intricate logo on the side??? Near impossible to get the rust off once it started developing there) and the full flat grind/coating made it bind like crazy when batoning wood.

The MC looks like it'd be a great upgrade for those with a Junglas.

Used the MC to split a bunch of 2x4s and then made some "feather sticks". Used the pull method where the knife is stationary. Soon I'll have a fire going.

tC3Gk6q.jpg

Are there more blades sitting around on the shelf?
I will take some cooler bush work photos with the venerable MC tomorrow if I bring my phone for folks who aren’t convinced it is a real do all comfy bush blade.
Really might want a second as a spare/backup/keep on the ruck and have one dedicated for work

I will take some cooler bush work photos with the venerable MC tomorrow if I bring my phone for folks who aren’t convinced it is a real do all comfy bush blade.
Really might want a second as a spare/backup/keep on the ruck and have one dedicated for work
I was kinda wondering the same.

Sorry dood. The MC has run its course.

you are going to love the khuk. My pet name for it is 'Hint o Lard'

Back