Review CRK Large Sebenza 21 Glamour Knife?

^^^^ Excellent post Mick......but why won't he make a Sebenza with a BB pivot????
:D:D
Sorry brother, just couldn't resist!!!
Joe

Do an experiment. Get a Sebenza 21 and then any other knife you own, use them both for everything you can imagine and let them get dirty as hell. Break them down and clean them as needed over and over when required. Years down the line have a look and see which one still fits together like new, has zero play and zero wear and tear on the screw heads or other fastening anchor points. I honestly think the best thing about the Sebenza 21 is the design philosophy.

- 1 single tool to dismantle the entire knife
- zero need for adjustment or thread locker ever
- always centered no matter how many times you break it down and put it together
- no bladeplay anywhere
- deep slotted hex heads for the screws that don't strip or round out after dismantling the knife a few times

I'm not even a frame lock fan, i prefer the tri-ad, but for EDC general cutting and use, i always have the 21 in my pocket accompanied by a backup from Cold Steel or Benchmade.
Nice solid points this is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks man. Now I'm sadly keeping my eyes peeled for one on the exchange.

Yeah I realize the fit and finish is top notch but I wonder how much of that is actually true? I can't imagine their knives taking TOO much longer than another high quality production knife such as ..I don't know a good comparison but you get the point?
A honda takes like 3 weeks to assemble (for all tense and purposes) but a Bentley takes 3 months..so I understand the huge price difference there. But we are talking about a knife.

It consist of scales,a blade,pivot point (bearings or what have you), and a pocket clip? Yes some are milled out the scales are rounded to make ergomics better, I understand all the little stuff that could take time but to me it just seems a bit high?
To me a CRK is like a diamond they are only worth what they are because he only makes a certain amount of them available per year. But hey, it's just my option on the price point matter. It seems I will actually just need to buy one use it and then resell if I don't like it
Hate to be the spell check police, but I've always disliked the phrase "for all intents and purposes". And it stuck out like a sore thumb the way you spelled it.

Just a heads up if you're planning on using it on a resume one day and it wasn't an auto correct mistake.

Buy a sebbie.. it's calling your name.

Hate to be the spell check police, but I've always disliked the phrase "for all intents and purposes". And it stuck out like a sore thumb the way you spelled it.
Lol touché im just a dumb redneck I suppose.
I will buy a sebbie..just waiting for one to pop sadly. One came up tonight but it had inlays of micarta..I don't need all that ..

Last edited:
^^^^ Excellent post Mick......but why won't he make a Sebenza with a BB pivot????
:D:D
Sorry brother, just couldn't resist!!!
Joe
Haha i could feel my blood starting to boil and then i looked down to see you were kidding :D Nice one!

Well its probably one of the best user knives out there. The large hollow ground blade is extremelly usefull. I love my CRK but the 21 has a special place in my heart. I dont use any folding knife really hard since using in urban environment. Mostly use for cutting boxes at work, opening envelopes, cutting plastic zip ties, and my favorite---slicing my fruit at work mainly apples.

I highly recommend buying a user here from the exchange not only cheaper but also if its scratched up u will feel less likely to treat it like a safe queen. Furthermore, the safe queen feel goes away pretty quick, its like going downhill. Once you have a taste for using it you wont even remember to think safe queen.

I used to think same way with my $800-1k Shiros but i am not worried about using them anymore. Keep in mind though i dont abuse my possesions beyond their intended use (not just knives). I rinse/wash my blade after cutting fruits to prevent the acid from damaging blade over time. Just OCD that way

Well its probably one of the best user knives out there. The large hollow ground blade is extremelly usefull. I love my CRK but the 21 has a special place in my heart. I dont use any folding knife really hard since using in urban environment. Mostly use for cutting boxes at work, opening envelopes, cutting plastic zip ties, and my favorite---slicing my fruit at work mainly apples.

I highly recommend buying a user here from the exchange not only cheaper but also if its scratched up u will feel less likely to treat it like a safe queen. Furthermore, the safe queen feel goes away pretty quick, its like going downhill. Once you have a taste for using it you wont even remember to think safe queen.

I used to think same way with my $800-1k Shiros but i am not worried about using them anymore. Keep in mind though i dont abuse my possesions beyond their intended use (not just knives). I rinse/wash my blade after cutting fruits to prevent the acid from damaging blade over time. Just OCD that way
I'm OCD in many ways myself man, proper care and maintenance is definitely a good thing to practice. Hell..I clean my blue scales on the M390 PM2 with a Lysol wipe every time after I carry it lol.just so they don't become "dingy"

My favorite CRK is my large, plain-jane Insingo, which is another version of the Sebenza 21. The blade shape works better for my uses than the standard Sebenza's. IMO, it's almost a perfect EDC user knife. I don't really see CRKs as 'glamour' knives. They really do hold up over time, and I think they age better with use than almost any other brand of knife out there.

Jim

I only use my knives to cut sandwiches I make. That said I don't own a Seb as I cant get over several things about it. I do own $300+ dollar knives and I use them and sometimes abuse them.
But if you plan on buying it and not using it because its too expensive then don't waste your time as you'll just end up selling it later on and most likely losing money...money that you could have spent on two/three knives you WOULD use.

I only use my knives to cut sandwiches I make. That said I don't own a Seb as I cant get over several things about it. I do own $300+ dollar knives and I use them and sometimes abuse them.
But if you plan on buying it and not using it because its too expensive then don't waste your time as you'll just end up selling it later on and most likely losing money...money that you could have spent on two/three knives you WOULD use.
I hear yah man. But like I said, money isn't the main issue. I made the thread the basically get reviews about how the CRKs hold up if you actually do USE them. And it seems that is more than true giving all the positive feedback I've been reading. I think the "rarest" I'll ever own is the M390 PM2 and I use the hell outta that thing. I'll never get any "super ultra 1 of 54" knife solely for the fact of not being able to use it. It just makes little sense to me. I guess that's the difference between collectors of knives and actual people like me, who appreciate workmanship on a whole different level.

I think she means you'll find a lot more people actually using them more readily available to speak with you over there.
Seems like she's talking common sense to me.

What's the point of this post? You really don't think I have been? Lol.

I always ignore those posts in different colors lol.

I have to say, I have a tendency to stay away from overly hyped items, such as the Sebenza, and I can see where you are coming from. I couldn't care less about the reasons others have stated for support. The only interesting thing I like about the CRKs are the reportedly excellent tolerances, which I believe are true.

It would be silly to believe CRK still holds highest tolerances today, with the new tech. Unless people have tried similarly priced knives from every company, then you can't prove anything.

Don't misunderstand this post CRK fankids, I do think they are excellent knives. But emotion and logic are mutually exclusive, and the majority of Sebenza reviews fail on this aspect.

I have to say, I have a tendency to stay away from overly hyped items, such as the Sebenza, and I can see where you are coming from. I couldn't care less about the reasons others have stated for support. The only interesting thing I like about the CRKs are the reportedly excellent tolerances, which I believe are true.

It would be silly to believe CRK still holds highest tolerances today, with the new tech. Unless people have tried similarly priced knives from every company, then you can't prove anything.

Don't misunderstand this post CRK fankids, I do think they are excellent knives. But emotion and logic are mutually exclusive, and the majority of Sebenza reviews fail on this aspect.

Your opinion means very little to nothing at all if you have not given any of the knives in which you speak a test run for yourself. Actually, it would go further to discredit your opinion..
Could I say that I think brand X is just utter junk and brand Y is better without having a basis for comparison? Sure I could..but you see where that leads

Oh- Don't misunderstand this post non-CRK fankid :)

I think she means you'll find a lot more people actually using them more readily available to speak with you over there.
Seems like she's talking common sense to me.
I'm a fan of working smart not hard, not sure why I'd take the time to look out for users on the Sebenza and send them a message in hopes they write back. Thus I created this thread in hopes of finding some real reviews and it worked marvelously.

Once again, thanks BF community you're all great.

I hear yah man, a lot of the reviews on YouTube and things of that nature, seem like they give very biased option about the Sebenza..the only "down to earth" review was nutnfancy. So that's why I made this post..I needed reviews from actual users.

Back