CRK Slipjoint.....!!!

Beautiful, but I do love slipjoints with choil or simili choil to secure the blade. A blade stuck in hard material (wood for example) is so prompt to close on your index finger with no warning.

Love this design, now I want a true wharncliffe blade, and a smaller size. This is about the size of the small Sebenza, according to Tim.

Very interesting! I would also like to see a somewhat smaller size.

And inlays would be truly fantastic. It would make them really elegant for office/dress use.

Hmm... my first impression is that's too big [for me] for a slipjoint. I anticipated something in an Mnandi size and much less weight (it's more than a small 21).

Really need to see one before deciding but first glance I'd stick with a 21 for a blade of that size because the slipjoint mechanism alone is not sufficient to draw me in.

I would love to see a new Chris Reeve design as in Mr. Chris Reeve design. Not sure if that will ever happen.

in the meantime the CRK Sebenza continues to be the best folder on the planet...

As was stated in so many words by Sam Maloof... "You can teach someone to copy something but you can't teach someone to be a designer"

The ability of Chris to design is the genius of Mr. Chris Reeve.

Geniuses like Sam Maloof and Chris Reeve don't come along very often.

Last edited:
This is a nice addition for the folks that can't legally carry a locking folder. Personally it doesn't do anything for me because I usually carry a GEC slipjoint and CRK locking knife. The images look like it has a lot of open space on both sides of the covers. Hopefully they offer inlays and graphics.

This is a nice addition for the folks that can't legally carry a locking folder. Personally it doesn't do anything for me because I usually carry a GEC slipjoint and CRK locking knife. The images look like it has a lot of open space on both sides of the covers. Hopefully they offer inlays and graphics.

That's new to me- folding lock knives are illegal? One guess- California?

As a slip it's to big for my tastes, the specs show that it's bigger then the small 21.
Still a very nice looking knife and I'm interested in seeing some pics and opinions in the next few days.
As others have said an Insingo version would be very interesting.

That's new to me- folding lock knives are illegal? One guess- California?

Yes, quite a few places. Several in the US, but the worldwide market for non locking folders is probably significant and CRK is shut out from that market. Odd that if it's bigger than a small sebenza I'm guessing the blade is a smidge over 3"? Quite a few places that having locking knife regulations also have laws requiring under 3" blades. If they want to fill this niche they need non locking and under 3" blade. Just my assumptions. I don't live in an area with much of any knife restrictions.

Awesome to see a new release! Looking forward to seeing more pics/in hand/compared to others in lineup etc.. Looks very similar (to me) to the Harsey Spartan, pivot, handle shape.

Back