CRK Slipjoint.....!!!

Nope, sorry, no way I am paying 450 for a production/factory slip joint with these specs. Maybe would have been worth it 10 years ago for the tolerances etc. Today this is just a super exaggrated price living off of a name.

Depends where you work here in the US. I can tell you there are many places that have the 3 inch restriction that gets levied on them by a governing body at the Federal level. So yes, a 2.75 inch would have prevented that issue and probably filled lots more orders just based on the slip joint aspect.

Thanks for mentioning it as it does have an impact here at home that I had not considered.

Seems we aren’t the only ones curious as to why they have chosen this length after reading through the comments.

I’m not going to say I’ll never own one, but it’s a low priority.

I think CRK is making a big mistake by putting their time, energy and resources into a slipjoint knife, and a rather large one at that! Who is at the helm ?

Too bad for my bank account, I like this thing quite a bit. Only time will tell if I will put my money where my mouth is tho...

If it isn't hitting dealers for a while, there will be ample time for me to come to my senses. :)

Suppose it’s worth a try for those that may want this design. May or may not get one down the line, but way more enthused about collecting Sebs, Umnums, etc. And always on the hunt for a slightly used Ti Lock. Recently received a nice used Inkosi from a BF member. Pretty much a tweaked, improved 25, and it will join that model in my carry rotation.

That video makes me want one even more. Though at this price inwish they either came with inlays or with some type of graphic.

While I agree that making the knife a hair over 3" pushes it into illegal territory for many I don't agree with the arbitrary distinction that slip joints need to be small. GEC recently released the 43 which is 4.25" closed, the very popular Northwoods Madison Barlow is also 4.25" closed. Laguiole knives are often 12cm (4.7"). The mudbug sodbuster is 4.625. In relation to those it's not even that big. And keep in mind slip joints have been working knives for far longer than locking blades and are attractive to a lot of people who already buy CRKs and probably to a few who don't already but will now. Personally I wish if they were going to go larger than 3" they would have gone more towards 3.25" but plenty happy with this size.

Last edited:
in the meantime the CRK Sebenza continues to be the best folder on the planet...

As was stated in so many words by Sam Maloof... "You can teach someone to copy something but you can't teach someone to be a designer"

The ability of Chris to design is the genius of Mr. Chris Reeve.

Geniuses like Sam Maloof and Chris Reeve don't come along very often.
This knife was actually designed by a pretty great designer in his own right.

Last edited:
It is larger than I thought it would be, I was picturing something around the size of the Mnandi. Luckily for me, legal blade size here is not an issue!
Thanks for posting up that video for us:thumbsup:

This is a nice addition for the folks that can't legally carry a locking folder. Personally it doesn't do anything for me because I usually carry a GEC slipjoint and CRK locking knife. The images look like it has a lot of open space on both sides of the covers. Hopefully they offer inlays and graphics.

I think this knife will, at least at first, bring more CRK fans into the world of slippies than it will bring slippy fans into the world of CRK. Fans of traditional traditionals may not like the modern look and feel.

I think this knife will, at least at first, bring more CRK fans into the world of slippies than it will bring slippy fans into the world of CRK. Fans of traditional traditionals may not like the modern look and feel.
That has often been how it works. Benchmade Proper fans were more previously Benchmade people than slipjoint people. But there is some crossover. There are often people who only carry non-locking blades because they have to and so having modern options opens a new world to them.

I had the chance to it out yesterday while having a nice conversation with Mr. Harsey. I have always loved his design and this is no exception. This knife features an s35 blade and backspring with no half stop. It snaps open nicely but does not snap closed. Mr. Harsey said it was tough to find that nice balanced walk and talk, but i think it turned out nicely. The milled clip was also nicely designed and worked great in and out of the pocket.:thumbsup:

The only reason i didn't pick one up was that i had to score a koa mnandi.:D

Back