CS/GSMO is asking for your input on your favorite discontined CS knife

l have sent a few e
I sent CS an email a few days before they were acquired. It took about 2 days for them to respond.

I sent CS a second email a week or so after they were bought. It was about a great deal on Espada XLs. I was asking if the seller was an approved retailer as the deal was so good. I was concerned about clones. I've never reserved a response.
I sent CS an email a few days before they were acquired. It took about 2 days for them to respond.

I sent CS a second email a week or so after they were bought. It was about a great deal on Espada XLs. I was asking if the seller was an approved retailer as the deal was so good. I was concerned about clones. I've never reserved a response.
I called and sent a few emails over the last 3 days no response

yes we do proof in the pudding
Nah. Time will tell. GSMO paid plenty (I suspect) for CS's goodwill. I don't see them squandering it on the long term.

If they are overwhelmed right now and end-up digging themselves out, that's one thing. If this becomes the new SOP, that's something entirely different.

It is going to take some time for them to consolidate the previous set-up that Cold Steel had as an independent company.

They probably have a deadline for just before the end of the year to get things settled in California and moved completely over to their new Texas location.

Discontinued Cold Steel products I'd like to see reincarnated are the ELAND, and the five foot, one piece. heavy wall "Professional" blowgun, and a return to either leather or nylon sheaths, for the fixed blades.

While not a reincarnation of a discontinued model for the most part, I'd like to see the Kudu, Eland, Finn Bear, Canadian Belt Knife and Pendleton Lite(?) (the cheap version with plastic handle) and Trail Boss stockman, and perhaps a few more "traditional" multi blade patterns, such as a 5.5 inch closed two blade slipjoint folding hunter, 4 1/8 to 4 1/2 inch closed Moose, a 4 to 5 inch closed two blade Sunfish/British Rope Knife/Emergency Spatula/Pocket Axe/Elephant Toe/or whichever of the 50 to 75 names it's known as, that you prefer, 3 1/8 inch to 3 1/2 inch closed Barlow*, 5 inch closed Father's/Grand Dad's Barlow*, 5 inch closed Coke Bottle*, and 3 5/8 inch closed canoe, with uncoated brushed carbon steel blades, priced lower than the CASE, and BOKER carbon steel offerings, so something like me might be able to afford them.

*Choice of Clip Point, Spear Point, Spey, Sheepsfoot or Lambsfoot, and One Armed main blades with either a pen blade, short clip point, or punch/awl secondary.

My suggestion, it’s totally the company’s prerogative and business decision if it wants to go the budget route. But keep the mid-tier and higher end products as well (Recon 1, Ultimate Hunter, AD knives). Admittedly we are very few, but there are still some of us who appreciate the rugged, dependable, high quality-to-price ratio of CS knives. Gas station quality would betray the durability and toughness we have come to associate with the brand.

And if the company cuts costs in the steel quality or heat treat, people will find out. It is very easy to notice dings, chips, warps, or cracks within the reasonable intended use of the product such as with light chopping, carving, or making feather sticks.

And I hear folks really like the folding Talwar back.

cold steel is a dead company buy what you can of the good stuff from stocking dealers this company will be lucky to stock Chinese junk

Back