Cuda Maxx 7

The last word from rumor control had November as the month. It does seem to be November. :) We have been behaving ourselves like good little boys and girls. Can we have some good news? Pleeeeaaaaassse?!?!!:D

gotta bump this one back up too...

We would like to hear good tidings of great joy, that this day, in the city of Camillus (this is the address on the site), a knife has been born. One of great power and might. And we shall call it the Gibbs Maxx.:cool:

ok, well, please get it out soon!!!:(

There's a production 7" Madd Maxx on the way?

Well, there's one way to get around the wait - I received my custom "Gibbs 7.125 Madd Maxx" from Neil at TNK a couple of months ago.

I brought it with me to the Fall CKG knife show and some of people that saw the knife were quite in awe of it. There's a pic posted of me with it here.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=276821

I've always been a fan of folders big enough to 'replace' a decent sized fixed blade (I usually carry a SOG Pentagon Elite II or a Cold Steel XL Voyager as one of my EDCs) but have normally been dissappointed by the lack of available choices out there - either custom or producton.

Well this knife is as big as it gets! A little much for EDC but it does actually carry quite well due to its flat profile and suprisingly light weight.

Anyway, its all worth it when somebody near me pulls out a 'normal' (remember its all relative folks!) size folder and I get to break out into my best Crocodile Dundee impression - "that's not a knife... now THAT'S a KNIFE!".:eek:

Seriously, the Gibbs Madd Maxx is an awesome knife. The fit and finish is excellent. The action, thanks to its large bronze phosphorous bushings, is "like butta" and the MASSIVE locking bar and oversize pivot means this thing is 'rock solid' when its open. Easily one of the strongest folders I've ever seen.

Been meaning to post a review on the Gibbs with pics but haven't found the time.

Just thought I'd share.

Can someone come up with a response to this? A "Sorry, not til christmas" or "Yea, in a few weeks" or "Not until after the new year."

anything??? anyone???

Guys,
The CUDA MAXX 7.0 is "in process", but in the big picture in the factory, its a relatively small project, that has been "bumped" a couple of times. Believe me, when I have firm, or even close to firm dates, I'll let everybody know.

Thanks for the interest!

Thanks Will, We will be good again :p Guess we need a few more people to pray about it before bed :)

Please let us know cause we have a line up of folks waiting! :)

Need to keep this up around the top. We don't want Will to forget about us.:D

Hi Folks,
The Gibbs is a big knife. Camillus has plans for it when the time is right. The custom ROBO GIBBS is a very special knife that means business when it cracks open.
The 12 inch Super Maxx is in the design process now for the custom end. I have had a few SICK orders for a ROBO in the super maxx.
Size really does matter. ;)

Mr. Ralph. What is the blade thickness of the 12 inch Super Maxx? Is it still in D2? A Robo Super Maxx sounds almost...man I don't even know, to much maybe? Who am I kidding that sounds great! :D

The blades will be around 3/16 thick.
The handles are also 3/16 thick and rounded.
The blades will be either D2 or S30V.
I havent decided on the steel yet.

OK, Will and/or Darrel, is there any more word on the production 7" CUDA MAXX? I haven't asked in over 2 weeks. I am trying to behave, really I am. :) <What we really need is a Labrador Retriever face here, they are the absolute best at begging of any dog that I have ever met.>

Darrel, it isn't that I am angry, but Will did post in June that there would be a short run (500, IIRC) on these knives and that we needed to get our orders in right then. I am under that impression that a number of us did just that and now we would like some word on where in the gestation period the production version of the knife might be. Is that an unreasonable request? I certainly hope not, now that it is six months later. If there is a problem, let us know. I, at least, can be very patient if I am kept informed as to what is going on with something on which I am awaiting production.

After all, expectation is also a nice part of getting something that you really want. But being like a mushroom, sitting in the dark, gets old after a while.

I am sorry about your anger. I cannot force Camillus to make the knives.

As I said Will is the best person to answer your question.

I make the custom! IN A ROBO ALSO!

fldag.jpg

mm7top11.jpg

Enjoy

Darrel, I am sorry if you are reading my post as anger. What you see is frustration, not anger. I was just asking for some information regarding the status of the knife's production and I was trying to do it in a humorous manner. I was not trying to put anyone on the defensive or to anger anyone and apologize if I have. If I have erred in this, please tell me how so that I can avoid it in the future.

Back