Cult of the peanut , members

Holy Legumes!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Those are some impressive Peanuts, Vaporstang!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
Each one is outstanding, but that single-blade stag Damascus seems really rare!

- GT
Thanks! However, the single-blade Damascus has one major flaw. Someone in the past polished the other side of the blade, and the Damascus lines are not visible!

Won't lie, I'm rather taken with those yeller Craftsman peanuts(long pulls and swedges... mmm!)

Where did you find those little gems, and do they have a specific model name/number?

Also, just a general question for any who would know/weigh in, but do y'all think gun cold-bluing would bring out the contrast on that single blade Damascus/Stag?

I found these on the bay just listed under Craftsman. The model is 95041. I could have sworn the description said "peanut", but when I checked my notes I did not see it. I think they are considered white but obviously yellowed. One uses white and the other yellow in their description. Sending a PM.

Here are my two Peanuts.
The Boker Tree 9903 has sentimental value to me. It was my father's that he bought around 1970 when I was a young boy. He carried it as his only knife for 30 years until it went missing. I bought him a new knife that Christmas. A few years ago when I was cleaning out his shop I came across it. He told me it was mine now.

The brown delrin SS was one I bought a few years back because I wanted to retire my dad's knife from daily carry out of concern of losing it.Peanuts.jpg

Has anyone gotten a Case CV Chestnut peanut where the main blade isn't proud? I've ordered 2 recently (one's a 2016, I forgot to look at the date on the other) and both have proud tips. I really want a CV chestnut, but I don't want to order several to find one good one and return the rest.

Also posted this in the daily carry, but this is the first Case I have ever opened up new out of the box. Sycamore Peanut.

img_1536-jpg.746686

Has anyone gotten a Case CV Chestnut peanut where the main blade isn't proud? I've ordered 2 recently (one's a 2016, I forgot to look at the date on the other) and both have proud tips. I really want a CV chestnut, but I don't want to order several to find one good one and return the rest.

Main blade on mine is fine. It's a year or two old now, bought new from CK.

Not on the clip blade with mine, but the pen was just a smidge proud.

Nothing a little time with a file didn't fix!

Not on the clip blade with mine, but the pen was just a smidge proud.

Nothing a little time with a file didn't fix!

But how much does that sink the spring when closed? That would bug me.

After seeing all the chestnut CV Peanuts I just had to get one. The pics posted showed a lot of different shades and I was hoping I would get one that was fairly light with some orange since I already have a dark brown delrin Peanut. Pretty happy with what showed up today.

Case Chestnut Peanut.jpg

DykZ3ZH.jpg
Zikhd5t.jpg

Been about 10 months since I received this little legume from Paul(still can't thank you enough for your generosity, kind sir) and it's coming along rather nicely.

Hasn't strayed from my pocket since I got it.

The only other knife I carry is the Vic Sportsman that I use at work for the tools, and I've been carrying that less lately because most of the tools in it are redundant to the ones I already carry(4-way screwdriver, P-38, safety pin, nail clippers, etc), and it still

The little Peanut has taught me a BIG lesson, and I'm still learning!

Back