Cult of the peanut , members

The peanut with my medium stockman. Love both these knives.
qJ98wN8.jpg

A favor to ask of anyone with access to the Case Archives/Libraries:

I'd like to know which bone handles were available on the Peanut in 1988. My 30th birthday is next May, and I'm starting my hunt soon for a 1988 Peanut. Any Cult members willing and able to lend a hand?

Also posting this in the Pipes and Cigars thread, but I'm just proud of my peanut! P.S. It's been 16 months of daily carry for my Case Peanut.
[/IMG]

Last edited:
I'm upping my peanut game! I've got A. G. Russell Pinched Peanut in Mammoth Ivory showing up Saturday, barring any problems.
I'll be sure and post a pic.

I've added this little nut to my "Peanut Gallery". I've got to say I'm totally happy with it so far. I believe it is destined to become my left pocket, friendly everywhere (except govt. buildings and airlines), edc.

The blade selection is what makes this one top the peanut list for me. I've got this thing about carrying a straight blade and a blade with some belly. This one does it. Blades are VG-10 at 59 to 61 RC. It's easy to open, 4 to 5 on the pull scale, which is good because the nicks are close to the pivot (which I like on this knife). Walk and talk, fit and finish, blade centering and a smooth cam tang are spot on and add to the positives for me. The mammoth ivory is really nice on this one. It's pretty cool to be handling something that is likely to be 10,000 years old or older. It does need to be sharpened, which I'll do as soon as I have the time.

Great job on the swedges too! The mark of a fine knife in my estimation!

I got this for a great price from one of our members who happened to notice I was looking at them. I would have bought one new if the opportunity hadn't arisen. I won't say who, he can chime in if he wants to.

Any way, as we say, pics or it didn't happen!
dmQNu0X.jpg

9SMBEbh.jpg

yCbOciW.jpg

YwUr31J.jpg

I've added this little nut to my "Peanut Gallery". I've got to say I'm totally happy with it so far. I believe it is destined to become my left pocket, friendly everywhere (except govt. buildings and airlines), edc.

The blade selection is what makes this one top the peanut list for me. I've got this thing about carrying a straight blade and a blade with some belly. This one does it. Blades are VG-10 at 59 to 61 RC. It's easy to open, 4 to 5 on the pull scale, which is good because the nicks are close to the pivot (which I like on this knife). Walk and talk, fit and finish, blade centering and a smooth cam tang are spot on and add to the positives for me. The mammoth ivory is really nice on this one. It's pretty cool to be handling something that is likely to be 10,000 years old or older. It does need to be sharpened, which I'll do as soon as I have the time.

I got this for a great price from one of our members who happened to notice I was looking at them. I would have bought one new if the opportunity hadn't arisen. I won't say who, he can chime in if he wants to.

dmQNu0X.jpg

9SMBEbh.jpg

yCbOciW.jpg

YwUr31J.jpg

A mighty fine legume you've got there Peregrin!

Those A.G. Russels are works of art in their own right, and that mammoth ivory only adds to it, bringing the new and the old together as it were.

Last month my peanut served special active duty. Broke a rib in a fall at work and the peanut was there trough it all. Later in the month gashed my shin open and had to get staples to close it up. The peanut was perfect for medical duty cutting tape and bandages to keep my wound covered up. The next day after getting staples I was lucky enough to get picked to serve on a jury. The peanut was right there with me in the jury box for a few days. What a crazy month.

Great looking Peanut from AG Russell!

dmQNu0X.jpg

9SMBEbh.jpg

yCbOciW.jpg

YwUr31J.jpg

Back