Cult of the peanut , members

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jacktrades_nbk, Mar 2, 2012.

Tags:
  1. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Yes, bone stag. It had me fooled when I opened it up, I thought it was stag at first.

2. hsherzfeld

hsherzfeld

Mar 10, 2016
    My chestnut CV peanut arrived a few days ago. It arrived with much better edges out of the box than my yeller SS. How do I upload a photo to the forum from my computer?

3. waverave

waverave Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 7, 2018
    You should see a blue "Upload a File" button at the lower right side of your text entry box...when you post. Once you click that it will give you a few options to upload the file you want...either by dragging and dropping or selecting the location of the file. Once you have the file uploaded you should see it at the bottom of the text entry box and have an option to insert a thumbnail (small) version or full size. Click in the text where you want the photo then select one of those two options.
    Hope this helps.

4. hsherzfeld

hsherzfeld

Mar 10, 2016
    I only see blue boxes that say "Post Reply" and "More Options".

5. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    I think you have to be a paying member to get the Upload a File option.

waverave, Prester John and hsherzfeld like this.
  6. hsherzfeld

hsherzfeld

Mar 10, 2016
    [​IMG]
    There we go! My newly-sharpened Yeller SS and Chestnut CV, and my old, worn-down Blue SS. I used abused Blue as a hobby knife/glue scraper for building model airplanes.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
    HWF, WolfyW, waverave and 10 others like this.
  7. Shooter xix

Shooter xix

Jul 30, 2018
    Hey all,

New here. I've been following for awhile now just haven't posted anything yet. I'm currently up to 5 peanuts now (thanks alot lol) I have a chestnut cv, yellow cv, whiskey bone cv, dark red ss, and a harvest orange ss. Once the rain stops (if ever) I'll get a pic of all of them together :D

8. Ace Rimmer

Ace Rimmer

Jul 4, 2017
    Those are all great color choices!

9. TrapperMike

TrapperMike

Nov 23, 2016
    welcome to the cult.

jacktrades_nbk likes this.
  10. Shooter xix

Shooter xix

Jul 30, 2018
    I find myself putting the chestnut in my pocket more often then

TrapperMike and jacktrades_nbk like this.
  11. Shooter xix

Shooter xix

Jul 30, 2018
    Thank you I'm happy to be here

TrapperMike and Prester John like this.
  12. PaulS.

PaulS.

Jul 16, 2018
    I already posted this picture in the Beverages and Blades thread, but what goes together better than beer and peanuts? :)

lager.jpg

dc50, WolfyW, jacktrades_nbk and 8 others like this.
  13. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    And a cheapskate member like me probably has a limit on how much he can directly upload.

Prester John likes this.
  14. PaulS.

PaulS.

Jul 16, 2018
    It seems like if the photo is under 1 MB, I can upload it, but larger ones fail. I don't know if that's due to being a basic member or if it applies to everyone.

15. hsherzfeld

hsherzfeld

Mar 10, 2016
    I finally had to post my picture to imgur and then paste the link here. Fortunately, imgur automatically provides a link in the correct format to make it show up as an image on forums.

As a side note, I've decided that the squared-off "Case USA" shield on my blue bone peanut is the ugliest logo/shield I've ever seen on a knife. It looks like someone took a big sign from a 1950's-theme diner, shrunk it, and slapped it on my knife.

Henry Beige and jacktrades_nbk like this.
  16. jacktrades_nbk

jacktrades_nbk

Feb 7, 2007
    The chestnut bone shield looks very nice I'd say.

hsherzfeld likes this.
  17. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    I don't even know how many megapixies are in a bushel.

Oh, I don't know. Looks good to me.

My only Case peanut, though I have a couple peanutoids:
    [​IMG]

18. hsherzfeld

hsherzfeld

Mar 10, 2016
    I guess I just find the blocky shape to be out of place on a knife that is mostly curves.

That’s a nice peanut right there. I like how wide the clip blade is and that swedge looks great.

scrteened porch likes this.
  19. hsherzfeld

hsherzfeld

Mar 10, 2016
    Thank you. I agree; I like the oval shields in general, and the one with the Case flourish logo (there’s probably a more correct term for it) in particular, although it’s more difficult to read at that size.

20. Henry Beige

Henry Beige Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 1, 2015
    It’s not just ugly, but the Case logo is so small that it is difficult to distinguish from the Same-shaped shield used by Rough Rider. (Not that there’s anything wrong with that.)