Cult of the peanut , members

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jacktrades_nbk, Mar 2, 2012.

Tags:
  1. peanutsxx

peanutsxx Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 5, 2017
    Love my yeller 'nut! It had Christmas duty. In my shorts pocket (Texas weather o_O) again today.

2. Napalmsloth

Napalmsloth

Sep 16, 2018
    I gave my grandson the exact same peanut. He stabbed his finger within minutes of opening it. Lol.

3. Ice Tigre

Ice Tigre

Dec 17, 2004
    Took my Dad's out to Christmas dinner last night as a rememberence piece, and a "safe" loaner knife.

[​IMG]

4. Ace Rimmer

Ace Rimmer

Jul 4, 2017
    First peanut I bought I cut myself before I got out of the store! Those half stops can catch you unaware. o_O

5. Shooter xix

Shooter xix

Jul 30, 2018
    Hope everyone had a safe and happy holiday!! I am on month 5 of owning peanuts and today is 2 months straight of nothing but the burnt canyon jigged bone nut and I couldn't be happier with how much its broke in and smoothed out.

6. jackknife

jackknife Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Oct 2, 2004
    That's the best way to acclimate to the peanut; total immersion. Don't carry anything but a legume and it's surprising how well you will adapt to the mighty mite of cutters. After a few months, you'll never go back!

7. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
  8. peanutsxx

peanutsxx Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 5, 2017
    niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. :D:thumbsup:

TrapperMike and JohnDF like this.
  9. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Thanks. It's my only single blade Peanut.

TrapperMike likes this.
  10. JofAllTrades

JofAllTrades

Jul 19, 2014
    [​IMG]

Some nostalgia for me, plus something new for this ‘old’ Scout.

Was gifted this First Edition re-print and a well-loved Seventh Edition Scout Handbook from 1966 this holiday season.

Naturally, my legume approves and probably can’t wait for a bit of woods time during our lovely Texas winters!

This may have been done here before, but where are my fellow Scouts at in this lovely cult of ours?

11. veitsi_poika

veitsi_poika Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 25, 2016
  12. JaxBaron

JaxBaron Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2016
  13. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    fullsizeoutput_da2.jpeg

14. JaxBaron

Jul 4, 2016
    I’ve always been jealous of the vast cover options Case offers for the stainless steel bladed peanuts ( especially @Wurrwulf bermuda green peanut.:D) I came across a stainless bladed/ jigged bone peanut with “as ground” blades and had to buy it. I didn’t realize Case offered this option outside of the jigged derlin model. I think this will be a good compromise to try out Cases’ stainless that I’ve always been biased towards( for no good reason). Hopefully it will push me to drop my prejudices towards the stainless models so I can buy more peanuts!!!:cool:
    9D5DFAE5-F88F-4648-AD9B-21EEACD70659.jpeg B4AA1762-A8E8-49D7-A702-DD59E91EE46E.jpeg F1609636-251D-4021-9771-5E89E8DFB1CD.jpeg

15. jacktrades_nbk

jacktrades_nbk

Feb 7, 2007
    Beautiful peanut.

Ice Tigre and JaxBaron like this.
  16. jackknife

jackknife Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Oct 2, 2004
    That's a outright gorgeous legume, Jax!:thumbsup:

I think you'll find the Case stainless is a very serviceable steel for day to day duties of a pocket knife. The biggest thing is to make sure the burr gets taken off. Stainless is more 'gummy' and the burr needs top e done away with more carefully than the CV.

Dr-Mabuse, Ice Tigre, JohnDF and 3 others like this.
  17. JaxBaron

Jul 4, 2016
    Thank you for the tip. I will keep this in mine when I put a fresh edge on it today.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  18. Wurrwulf

Wurrwulf Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2015
    Love the As Ground blade and beautiful covers on that Peanut, Jax! I have one (or two?) with As Ground blades, and I really, really wish Case would utilize it more often. I much prefer it to the standard buffed stainless.

19. RoachBelly44

RoachBelly44 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 18, 2018
    A little smooth orange persimmon
    [​IMG]

20. TrapperMike

TrapperMike

Nov 23, 2016
    That is stunning! I really like the as ground blades. The tips are not rounded and the blades have a better look to them in my opinion. As far as tru-sharp goes I can get my peanut scary sharp like cv. It takes slightly more work to do so but it's not a pain to do. And it seems to hold its edge good enough for my daily needs. All steel will dull with use. I like a steel that I can bring back to razor sharp with little hassle. Tru-sharp and CV are those kinds of steels. I don't need a so called supper steel to enjoy my knife. Other people may have a different opinion and really enjoy the modern steels. That's cool with me. Enjoy your knife. I have no doubt the little legume will serve you well.