Cult of the peanut , members

JaxBaron

Basic Member
That is stunning! I really like the as ground blades. The tips are not rounded and the blades have a better look to them in my opinion. As far as tru-sharp goes I can get my peanut scary sharp like cv. It takes slightly more work to do so but it's not a pain to do. And it seems to hold its edge good enough for my daily needs. All steel will dull with use. I like a steel that I can bring back to razor sharp with little hassle. Tru-sharp and CV are those kinds of steels. I don't need a so called supper steel to enjoy my knife. Other people may have a different opinion and really enjoy the modern steels. That's cool with me. Enjoy your knife. I have no doubt the little legume will serve you well.
Thank you for the kind words. I put a edge on it yesterday. It definitely had a different feel on the stones then CV, but this bad boy is sharp! I hope to find other “as ground” peanuts to add to my collection.

Thank you for the kind words. I put a edge on it yesterday. It definitely had a different feel on the stones then CV, but this bad boy is sharp! I hope to find other “as ground” peanuts to add to my collection.
I'm like you. I hope that case will make more with as ground also. It just has a great look to it. Sometimes to me some of the polished blades just have a cheap look to them. I also hope for more CV options.

chuck4570

Gold Member
I would like to be a member to this cult, only have 2 now but definitely will be getting more. I’ve had this single blade Remington for a long time now and I just got the Case.
upload_2019-1-23_20-13-14.jpeg
Sorry for the poor pictures.
Chuck

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-23_20-14-2.jpeg
    upload_2019-1-23_20-14-2.jpeg
    93.1 KB · Views: 3
I never have officially sought admittance into the cult for my son (who will be 20 in September), even though he now carries a yeller CV peanut every day. I posted a picture of it the day it arrived back in March. Here it is way back on page 5.

So here is an updated photo, taken just a few moments ago shortly after he got home from work, of our father and son peanuts. Mine is the chestnut bone and his is the yeller.

peanutsJul20.jpg
I’ve got a yeller I carry daily, and another just like it in my safe for my youngest son when he comes of age (he’s 4 now, hoping in the next year or two he’ll be ready).

I was his age when my dad gave me my first knife. A Vic classic in hunter green, still have it to this day.

I have finally made the decision that the only knife in my pocket will be my peanut my kids got me for christmas 2 years ago. It was sharing the pocket with a vic recruit they got me last christmas. I have put the recruit up and gone with the peanut by its lonesome for a couple months now. It has been great and i dont see this ever changing for a long time. I carry a leatherman on my belt for the pliers and screw drivers. The peanut has gone with me everywhere since i got it and it truly covers most all of my cutting needs. It just makes sense to make it my only pocket knife. It is what my kids expectations where when they gave it to me.

I have finally made the decision that the only knife in my pocket will be my peanut my kids got me for christmas 2 years ago. It was sharing the pocket with a vic recruit they got me last christmas. I have put the recruit up and gone with the peanut by its lonesome for a couple months now. It has been great and i dont see this ever changing for a long time. I carry a leatherman on my belt for the pliers and screw drivers. The peanut has gone with me everywhere since i got it and it truly covers most all of my cutting needs. It just makes sense to make it my only pocket knife. It is what my kids expectations where when they gave it to me.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good for you, Mike!!!!

This decision is going to have far ranging intact in the way of some great memories for your kids. The peanut is going to be "Dad's knife" and that means a heck of a to for kids. With a Leatherman on the belt, they peanut is a very very fine choice for a dedicated pocket knife that will develop some great character as it matures, like a fine old shotgun.

Not to mention the honor you're paying your kids by doing this.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good for you, Mike!!!!

This decision is going to have far ranging intact in the way of some great memories for your kids. The peanut is going to be "Dad's knife" and that means a heck of a to for kids. With a Leatherman on the belt, they peanut is a very very fine choice for a dedicated pocket knife that will develop some great character as it matures, like a fine old shotgun.

Not to mention the honor you're paying your kids by doing this.
I just found that i wasnt using the recruit that much and the kids are always asking about the peanut. My boy likes to barrow it from time to time. Of course he has his own just like mine but he still likes to barrow mine.

Of course he has his own just like mine but he still likes to barrow mine.

That's because it's yours!

For whatever reason, that little peanut has become a family artifact in just the time you have carried it. Long after we are gone, your son will show that peanut to his son, and say, "This was your grandfather's knife."

Heritage in the making.