Cult of the peanut , members

My much-carried and well-used Case "yeller" peanut! It's been sharpened a lot, but both of the blades are still like razors, and as useful as ever. I filed the hump off the main blade when it was sharpened to the point that it looked strange with the hump. Still being carried and used!
Ron
8g68xu0.jpg

waverave

The GEC Database, Photoshop and Tortoise Shell Guy
Platinum Member
I have been woefully absent from the Cult of the Peanut. Tempted by the allure of 14's and Pembertons and SAK Classics, my lovely legumes have suffered from a significant lack of pocket time. So going back to the beginning to rekindle the love. My first knife, first slipjoint, first Case and first Peanut still in decent shape after all these years.
Peanut.jpg

waverave

Platinum Member

Grateful

Basic Member

Grateful

Basic Member
Can anyone tell me how to add it to my signature line. I haven’t figured it out yet.

waverave

Platinum Member
In your signature editor...there should be a button to add an image and then it will ask for a web address. I think if you put the address I provided above in there should work. Or if not you should be able to right click on one and "copy link location" or equivalent then paste for the web address. Not totally straight forward but see if that works.

Hmmm. There is no option to add an image in my signature editor. Maybe you have to be a gold member or higher.

Edit: Looking through the Guardians of the Lambsfoot thread, everyone I saw with an image in their signature were gold or higher members.

Last edited:

waverave

Platinum Member
Hmmm. There is no option to add an image in my signature editor. Maybe you have to be a gold member or higher.

Edit: Looking through the Guardians of the Lambsfoot thread, everyone I saw with an image in their signature were gold or higher members.
Doh! I think you're right.

Gizler00

Gold Member
This thread has inspired me to carry my peanut that has been sitting in a drawer for years and years.
My first case peanut was given to me by my grandfather when I was about 10. He also gave my brother and two cousins one. They all had our initials engraved in them. My grandfather had a friend who worked at the case plant in Bradford, so he was always getting us knives.

I carried the peanut he gave me for quite some time until I moved on to other knives. In my early 20’s I was working as a plumber. We had a contract to do all the drains for the kitchen in westmoreland regional hospital in greensburg, Pa.
One day I thought.....I’ll carry my peanut today. We were working 10hr nights while there was not much going on at the hospital. One section under the kitchen was in an area of the hospital that was just dirt and block walls behind a storage room. Lots of crawling on your back with a tool bag around your foot or crawling on your belly to get to tight areas.
Somewhere along the way, I lost my peanut down there. I can’t recall if I used it, and then set it down. Or it fell out of my pocket. It wasn’t until the next day that I realized it. I was frantic looking for it. I went back and scoured every inch of that place that I could think of where it would have been left or fallen out. Only to never find it.........I was crushed. And still am thinking about it.

Shortly after, I bought another peanut. Same design, same SS with the machined finish. It I just never bonded with it. Well.......after months of carrying my stockman, which is an amazing knife, I have decided that I’m going to try and carry the peanut for a while. It seems to feel right this time around. I am already wanting to pick up a CV version for myself and my boys.

Here’s a picture of the current one.

6v9NetL.jpg