Cult of the peanut , members

Very nice it is such a great little knife and even better with family ties and some stories attached :):thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

A couple days late posting this, but Saturday while out a good portion of the day doing various shopping tasks, my Case peanut proved to be the only knife I needed, opening food packages with aplomb. You don't need a large knife for most things.
YsKdNKU.jpg

A couple days late posting this, but Saturday while out a good portion of the day doing various shopping tasks, my Case peanut proved to be the only knife I needed, opening food packages with aplomb. You don't need a large knife for most things.
Peanut to the rescue :) :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

YsKdNKU.jpg

Yup, a couple inches of sharp is all need most times.:thumbsup:

I was told that a very long time ago, by a very wise man.

This thread has inspired me to carry my peanut that has been sitting in a drawer for years and years.
My first case peanut was given to me by my grandfather when I was about 10. He also gave my brother and two cousins one. They all had our initials engraved in them. My grandfather had a friend who worked at the case plant in Bradford, so he was always getting us knives.

I carried the peanut he gave me for quite some time until I moved on to other knives. In my early 20’s I was working as a plumber. We had a contract to do all the drains for the kitchen in westmoreland regional hospital in greensburg, Pa.
One day I thought.....I’ll carry my peanut today. We were working 10hr nights while there was not much going on at the hospital. One section under the kitchen was in an area of the hospital that was just dirt and block walls behind a storage room. Lots of crawling on your back with a tool bag around your foot or crawling on your belly to get to tight areas.
Somewhere along the way, I lost my peanut down there. I can’t recall if I used it, and then set it down. Or it fell out of my pocket. It wasn’t until the next day that I realized it. I was frantic looking for it. I went back and scoured every inch of that place that I could think of where it would have been left or fallen out. Only to never find it.........I was crushed. And still am thinking about it.

Shortly after, I bought another peanut. Same design, same SS with the machined finish. It I just never bonded with it. Well.......after months of carrying my stockman, which is an amazing knife, I have decided that I’m going to try and carry the peanut for a while. It seems to feel right this time around. I am already wanting to pick up a CV version for myself and my boys.

Here’s a picture of the current one.

6v9NetL.jpg
This is the problem with peanuts, they’re prone to abandon ship when you least expect it. Maybe when their mission is accomplished they move on to convert other people to the cult ;)
Around 10 years ago I bought a matching pair of cv chestnut bone for me and my father. Today both of them are MIA, mine on a cab (I believe) and my father’s lost in the field when he sat down on a rock (he believes), he went back to the spot and looked for an hour but to no good.

Its been just a little over a month since i took the plunge and went into the world with just the mighty little peanut as my only knife. I have carried it everyday for 2 years but it just made more since to ditch everything else and carry just the peanut. My kids gave it to me so it has tons of sentimental value. Besides that it really has been all i need for a knife. I have survived a month and haven't encountered anything it couldn't handle. It has been a freeing experience. For me it is the one. Its not fancy and it has no beauty to behold. Its a knife and it does its job very well. Its perfect for me. When i look at it it reminds me of my kids and there thoughtfulness. To me it is a treasure. I look forward to many years of life with the peanut. Here's to becoming a one knife guy.

Its been just a little over a month since i took the plunge and went into the world with just the mighty little peanut as my only knife. I have carried it everyday for 2 years but it just made more since to ditch everything else and carry just the peanut. My kids gave it to me so it has tons of sentimental value. Besides that it really has been all i need for a knife. I have survived a month and haven't encountered anything it couldn't handle. It has been a freeing experience. For me it is the one. Its not fancy and it has no beauty to behold. Its a knife and it does its job very well. Its perfect for me. When i look at it it reminds me of my kids and there thoughtfulness. To me it is a treasure. I look forward to many years of life with the peanut. Here's to becoming a one knife guy.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

You've made it, Mike!!!!

Against all odds on a knife forum, with he constant enabling and temptation, you've become a one knife man. I applaud you with all my enthusiasm and admiration. I haven't made it and only can be a two or three knife man.

Being a knife nut is like being an alcoholic in some ways. The buying spree's, the knife that you really didn't need. I just got back from a gun show selling a handgun I bought last year that I didn't need, and it was liberating. Now aside from being a two knife man, I'm a two gun man with no need for more. It's all the 'need vs want' thing at work on our egos, and it's a hard fight. I walked out of the gun show past tables of knives of all kinds with almost 400 dollars in my pocket and didn't stop to even look. I had asked myself if any of them would do better in my day to day life than what I had in my pocket and the answer was "NO".

Congratulations Mike!!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

At the start of last summer, I made a YouTube video on a pocketknife for life. I put my Case peanut up against a half dozen other pocketknives, and it emerged the winner. After close to another year of carry, I can no longer say it's impossible to get bitten when closing this knife, but I can also verify it's tough to find any other pocketknife as good as the peanut! Here's my video link. Sorry if I already posted the link in the past:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

You've made it, Mike!!!!

Against all odds on a knife forum, with he constant enabling and temptation, you've become a one knife man. I applaud you with all my enthusiasm and admiration. I haven't made it and only can be a two or three knife man.

Being a knife nut is like being an alcoholic in some ways. The buying spree's, the knife that you really didn't need. I just got back from a gun show selling a handgun I bought last year that I didn't need, and it was liberating. Now aside from being a two knife man, I'm a two gun man with no need for more. It's all the 'need vs want' thing at work on our egos, and it's a hard fight. I walked out of the gun show past tables of knives of all kinds with almost 400 dollars in my pocket and didn't stop to even look. I had asked myself if any of them would do better in my day to day life than what I had in my pocket and the answer was "NO".

Congratulations Mike!!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
It does feel good to be down to the one. The rest of my collection is put away for my kiddos because they have showed interest in them. I will keep my #14 gec because it was a nice gift from a friend here on the traditional forum. My son really thinks it is neat. But for me it is the peanut. Its all i need and it is a very special part of me. It already holds many memories for me and i know it will make many more. Just feels great not to fuss with what knife to carry each day. I still enjoy watching what others show off hear and reading all the great stories everyone has to tell.

Well, mostly i guess i carry the wrench because thats what i saw my dad and grandpa carry. It worked good for them and it has been handy for me also. It was one of them memories that stuck. Last i knew my dad is still carring one even though he has gone from being a farmer and an electrician to now teaching high school in his older years.
Edited to say: I never gave much thought to how handy and versatile mini channle locks would be. Might have to try that out.

Last edited:
Back