1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Cult of the peanut , members

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jacktrades_nbk, Mar 2, 2012.

Tags:
  1. waverave

waverave Gold Member Platinum Member Gold Member

Jun 7, 2018
    Very nice it is such a great little knife and even better with family ties and some stories attached :):thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

TrapperMike likes this.
  2. oldrifleman

oldrifleman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 5, 2006
    Nice Schatt! that was my first Nut, sadly it was lost and not recovered. I love the smooth graceful lines!

3. lambertiana

lambertiana Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 7, 2000
    A couple days late posting this, but Saturday while out a good portion of the day doing various shopping tasks, my Case peanut proved to be the only knife I needed, opening food packages with aplomb. You don't need a large knife for most things.
    [​IMG]

4. waverave

waverave Gold Member Platinum Member Gold Member

Jun 7, 2018
    Peanut to the rescue :) :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

TrapperMike likes this.
  5. jackknife

jackknife

Oct 2, 2004
    Yup, a couple inches of sharp is all need most times.:thumbsup:

I was told that a very long time ago, by a very wise man.

6. lutejones

lutejones Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 15, 2007
    This is the problem with peanuts, they’re prone to abandon ship when you least expect it. Maybe when their mission is accomplished they move on to convert other people to the cult ;)
    Around 10 years ago I bought a matching pair of cv chestnut bone for me and my father. Today both of them are MIA, mine on a cab (I believe) and my father’s lost in the field when he sat down on a rock (he believes), he went back to the spot and looked for an hour but to no good.

TrapperMike likes this.
  7. TrapperMike

TrapperMike Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 23, 2016
    [​IMG]
    My faithful little peanut hard at work cutting electrical tape and everything else that needs cut.

8. oldrifleman

oldrifleman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 5, 2006
    9B1D230D-A69C-43E5-9059-B21B4C6974F9.jpeg Here is my little Mother of Pearl Nut from Mike Alsdorf.

9. TrapperMike

Nov 23, 2016
    Stunning. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

10. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    That is spectacular!

11. TrapperMike

Nov 23, 2016
    Its been just a little over a month since i took the plunge and went into the world with just the mighty little peanut as my only knife. I have carried it everyday for 2 years but it just made more since to ditch everything else and carry just the peanut. My kids gave it to me so it has tons of sentimental value. Besides that it really has been all i need for a knife. I have survived a month and haven't encountered anything it couldn't handle. It has been a freeing experience. For me it is the one. Its not fancy and it has no beauty to behold. Its a knife and it does its job very well. Its perfect for me. When i look at it it reminds me of my kids and there thoughtfulness. To me it is a treasure. I look forward to many years of life with the peanut. Here's to becoming a one knife guy.

peanutsxx, Wurrwulf, jmh33 and 7 others like this.
  12. jackknife

jackknife

Oct 2, 2004
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

You've made it, Mike!!!!

Against all odds on a knife forum, with he constant enabling and temptation, you've become a one knife man. I applaud you with all my enthusiasm and admiration. I haven't made it and only can be a two or three knife man.

Being a knife nut is like being an alcoholic in some ways. The buying spree's, the knife that you really didn't need. I just got back from a gun show selling a handgun I bought last year that I didn't need, and it was liberating. Now aside from being a two knife man, I'm a two gun man with no need for more. It's all the 'need vs want' thing at work on our egos, and it's a hard fight. I walked out of the gun show past tables of knives of all kinds with almost 400 dollars in my pocket and didn't stop to even look. I had asked myself if any of them would do better in my day to day life than what I had in my pocket and the answer was "NO".

Congratulations Mike!!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

13. Frisky

Frisky

Dec 1, 2010
    At the start of last summer, I made a YouTube video on a pocketknife for life. I put my Case peanut up against a half dozen other pocketknives, and it emerged the winner. After close to another year of carry, I can no longer say it's impossible to get bitten when closing this knife, but I can also verify it's tough to find any other pocketknife as good as the peanut! Here's my video link. Sorry if I already posted the link in the past:

14. TrapperMike

Nov 23, 2016
    It does feel good to be down to the one. The rest of my collection is put away for my kiddos because they have showed interest in them. I will keep my #14 gec because it was a nice gift from a friend here on the traditional forum. My son really thinks it is neat. But for me it is the peanut. Its all i need and it is a very special part of me. It already holds many memories for me and i know it will make many more. Just feels great not to fuss with what knife to carry each day. I still enjoy watching what others show off hear and reading all the great stories everyone has to tell.

jacktrades_nbk, Fodderwing and PaulS. like this.
  15. TrapperMike

Nov 23, 2016
    [​IMG]
    Always in my right front pocket.

16. jackknife

jackknife

Oct 2, 2004
    Great setup!:thumbsup:

I'm curious though, why a small adjustable wrench vs a small baby Channel lock or mini vise grip?

TrapperMike likes this.
  17. TrapperMike

Nov 23, 2016
    Well, mostly i guess i carry the wrench because thats what i saw my dad and grandpa carry. It worked good for them and it has been handy for me also. It was one of them memories that stuck. Last i knew my dad is still carring one even though he has gone from being a farmer and an electrician to now teaching high school in his older years.
    Edited to say: I never gave much thought to how handy and versatile mini channle locks would be. Might have to try that out.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    Fodderwing likes this.
  18. Ace Rimmer

Ace Rimmer

Jul 4, 2017
    Plus, the "Crescent hammer" is the ultimate "multi-purpose tool.". :D:p:confused::eek:

TrapperMike likes this.
  19. TrapperMike

Nov 23, 2016
    Its my tactical mini wrench. :p
    I can throw it at bad guys and they never see it coming.:D

Fodderwing, Ace Rimmer and zolthar like this.
  20. Corso

Corso

Aug 16, 2007
    Just wondering if Case have a single blade CV option currently avalible?

Seen a few marked from the 80's but nothing recent it seems?

Frailer and TrapperMike like this.