Cult of the peanut , members

and here is the cult's grand master!

jimmy-carter.jpg

AJVzb8n.jpg

First day carrying a peanut ever.. I thought it may be too small, but it did the job every time I took it out of my pocket today

AJVzb8n.jpg

First day carrying a peanut ever.. I thought it may be too small, but it did the job every time I took it out of my pocket today

Nice! I've been looking for one of those for awhile. If you ever wanna sell it...

Hey! Capt. Smith! Long time, no see around here!
How's it going? Good to see you here, even if you and your merry band of Texas jacks are in attack mode. :D

- GT

I've been distracted by other hobbies
ironically just put the texas jack back in my pocket today, for the past 2 months its been my case sodbuster jr in cv and yella pants

well lets see, i put my two weeks in and quit my job, Halloween was my last day
so more free time = finding hobbies to keep one occupied hence the being gone for a bit

but yeah
TJ Attack!!

:D

Yeah, i'm kind of retro myself.

About that peanut, the edge on the clip wasn't what i expected when i took it out of the box, it was misaligned, as it took a curve near the tip, about 0.40 inch, so that last portion was more like a chisel grind, while the opposite bevel was very steep.
But in about one hour or so, and with the help of some sharpening stones, i fixed the problem, and made a thin equal bevel, about 30 degrees inclusive, put a micro 40 degrees bevel, and stropped it into a nice convex edge. It is now very sharp, just as i like my peanuts, and the edge is centered.
Noticed that the delrin peanut is a bit more "boxy" than the chestnut one. It's almost like the difference between a regular chestnut and a factory pocket worn peanut.
So the delrin peanut has slightly thicker bolsters, and feels more chunky, making it my little tank peanut.

I've lurked on this thread for long enough and finally caught a pic of mine (for a long time its just been my matter of fact carry, like my Alox pioneer or Leatherman Micra). Here it is, sign me up. I got a redbone coming in the mail today and a bunch of old Camillus and Ulsters to share soon.

Back