Cult of the Texas Jack; why should the peaNUTS get all the glory

Finally had a chance to take a photo of the 3 Texas Jacks I picked up last weekend. I have a few Peanuts from the '70s and found the quality to be outstanding. After reading the recent posts about 70's Texas Jacks, I made it my mission to get one at the Tulsa Gun & Knife show.

I picked up three, finding the best last. The affordability compared to quality is unbelievable. Pinned shields, superb walk and talk and beautiful bone.

IMG_20170406_165955_kindlephoto-9932263_zps0belktwh.jpg

WOW! You did great on that trip! I've been hoping to find a nice one from the 70s myself. Congrats!

It’s time to revive this thread! I had been carrying a 6318 for quite some time, but today I decided it was time to give the Texas Jack some pocket time! I think it might stay there awhile. An all-around great knife!

Beauties ! Pity the older ones can't be found in Canada. A lean and mean EDC.

Last edited:
I love this thread! A new outdoor store opened in my area called "Fin,Fur, and Feather", and they have an impressive knife department. My budget right now only allowed me to pick up 2016 TJ. After seeing all the amber bone pics here I had to pick one up. I then preceded to age it to try and resemble the old Case XX Tested greenbone. This is a great slicer and watchpocket carry knife.
AEAPRE6.jpg

6Jd8Cct.jpg

xomsCWw.jpg

watXYAu.jpg

uLQlVWX.jpg

ihoeIrG.jpg

View attachment 970040

This is my small Texas Jack, same one I have been carrying on and off for about 5 years. The color of the handles is the result of several attempts at different times to darken the color a little. Didn't turn out as I had expected. It looks better in this photo in full sunlight than it does in reality.

This shot was taken as-is, directly out of the pocket. I am letting it sort of age naturally these days. Bolsters are scratched up a bit, blades too. I don't use it for things that tend to generate a patina but the blades are more gray than silver now.

The mottled appearance on the pen blade is from light coming through the tree leaves.

Back