CUSTOM MACHETE Challenge!

Rick--I hope you still have that giant axe-handled beast around? I love the parang, but I really want to see the big guy in action! :D

Isn't that the first one he made for this? I'd love to see that one also :thumbup:

And good job on the testing, HD. You made it easy enough so we could pick out which ones we would like more. :thumbup::thumbup:

That is about the sneakiest way out of a tough descision I've seen in a while...:D Bravo, Vic:thumbup: You did a great job on everything!! Congrats to the other makers.... what a challenge, indeed!!

I still like the Farmer.

Rick

It really is the hard part, Rick. I want them ALL! :D

Good times, good times...

All awesome blades for sure...did just get a small EDC from Koyote in that same micarta...hmmm matching blades??? :)

Great job Vic and thanks to all the great craftsmen here!! Sick work and I want them all too!!!

Isn't that the first one he made for this? I'd love to see that one also :thumbup:

That's the one! :D

IMG_0051-1.jpg

IMG_0050-1.jpg

IMG_0057-1.jpg

There was a lot of work here and a fantastic review. Thanks Horn Dog. A few days of playing with cool knives is a good way to spend a weekend and get work done. And a big thumbs up to all the makers. A lot of different styles and shapes. I love the difference in interpetation. I also look forward to Joezilla's review.

And I still like Rick's best.....

Last edited:
I think Bill Siegle's bolo is the top one here.---SAYS YOU KIND SIR

SEND IT TO TEXAS----

YOU NEED A SECOND OPINION(FROM THE WORLD'S FOREMOST SIEGLE TESTER)

REALLY YOU DO...

--THANKS FOR POSTING BRO

sweet. Really sweet. Excellent job. And chopping down a tree with a machete is cool. Just... cool.

sweet. Really sweet. Excellent job. And chopping down a tree with a machete is cool. Just... cool.

I use a chainsaw on the bigger trees. But a good machete can do a lot more than just clear brush and grasses. It just may be the ultimate survival knife. I use goloks and machetes all the time on my property.

There was a lot of work here and a fantastic review. Thanks Horn Dog. A few days of playing with cool knives is a good way to spend a weekend and get work done. And a big thumbs up to all the makers. A lot of different styles and shapes. I love the difference in interpetation. I also look forward to Joezilla's review.

And I still like Rick's best.....

Thanks so much to you and the others for letting me play in my yard with the coolest machetes ever made. You'd think an old man of 62 would have more important things to do. Actually I do, I just neglect them sometimes. :D

Thanks for taking the time to do the review Victor! The pictures and write ups are great:thumbup:

I would also like to thank Rick, Christof, David, and Bill for making machetes so that we could all have this challenge.

And Joe.....well I'll wait and see if my machete makes it through your testing in one piece:)

Bruce

This was a lot of fun for me. I'm sure it was "hard work" to you:rolleyes:. Being forced to do all that chopping just for us.:D
Thanks HD!

great review-thanks!

impressive group of machetes- for all of those blades to come out unscathed after that "testing session" is really a testament of some the great talent we have here- Wow!!!

Thanks for taking the time to do the review Victor! The pictures and write ups are great:thumbup:

I would also like to thank Rick, Christof, David, and Bill for making machetes so that we could all have this challenge.

And Joe.....well I'll wait and see if my machete makes it through your testing in one piece:)

Bruce

Thank you, Bruce. And thank you for letting me use that beautiful machete you made. I think a lot of folks here on the WS&S Forum who have never used many custom knives now have some serious repect for the makers here on the forum. I didn't baby any of them. Yours is a serious tree chopper and brush whacker, for sure. I can't wait to see Joe's review. He is another huge machete fan. Maybe he'll clear a bamboo thicket for us. :eek::D

Thanks to both makers and testers for taking the time to do this. I know taking and uploading all those photos is a great deal of work. I'd be happy to carry any of these blades. Mac

Thanks to both makers and testers for taking the time to do this. I know taking and uploading all those photos is a great deal of work. I'd be happy to carry any of these blades. Mac

+1:thumbup::D

I totaly enjoyed this review and would like to see more. It also tells me with what makers I want to spend my hard earned dollars :thumbup:. These guys had no problem with sending their blades for all to see the results. A big Kudos- for the makers- Horn Dog ( Vic) and BF for having this board for us to view:thumbup:. Perhaps it will encourage others to enter their offerings in the future. Looking forward to the video-Thanks:)

The custom machetes are on their way to Joezilla. I look forward to seeing some action machete videos and to see his take on these fine blades.

Here's a big :thumbup: to all the makers that entered this challenge. You folks do outstanding work and its an honor to part of place like this. I would be proud to own any of the blades entered into test.

Nice job on the review HD, you did well!

Brandon

Great job Vic and all the knifemakers!! I really like Farmer's and Koyote's machetes.

Back