Custom Traditional Knives

I only have 1 custom so far. It is a LLoyd folder in mammoth. CPM154. It will not be my last.

Last edited:
My only custom. Hiroaki Ohta Fossil Mammoth Gunstock. I got it in a trade in the exchange.

hiroaki-ohta-fossil-mammoth-gunstock-folding-knife-sold-11.jpg

Tom

Brett already posted a picture of his Mihalevich Fricky, here is mine...

...and my Joe Allen EO

Someday I hope to own a Dowell or Oeser, I have been on Dowell's waiting list for so long I think something is amiss...

Erik, that Allen is sweet.

Mike, that Oeser is perfect, I love shadows. The stag on the trapper is very nice and thickness is perfectly balanced too.:thumbup:

Great thread! Some beautiful stuff has been shown. :)

Joel Chamblin Small Remington Bullet lock back.

IMG_1249_zps4f2614c6.jpg

Steven, I don't know how I missed it looking through this thread yesterday, but I love that Chamblin, it's probably the nicest Remington Bullet rendition I've seen.

Steven, I don't know how I missed it looking through this thread yesterday, but I love that Chamblin, it's probably the nicest Remington Bullet rendition I've seen.

Thanks Rob.:)

The real secret to knives like this is the quality of the stag. Joel is a brilliant knife maker but with stag like this it elevates the knife to another level.

Here is another one of mine with fantastic stag........A beautiful copy of a Queen Mountain Man from Jerry Halfrich.

DSCF2202.jpg

DSCF2204.jpg

I agree about the stag. If it's good it can make the knife, but if it's bad it looks horrible (you don't see that on customs, but I've seen it on plenty of production knives).

My only custom folder, a J.Oeser XL gunstock!

Love the way that micarta has aged :thumbup:

Only one I have is an Oeser Moose with O1 tool steel, 3 3/4 closed, half stops. Covers are ebony wood with natural canvas micarta bolster and orange g10 liner/shield

Here's two from Joel Chamblin.
IMAG0383.jpg

2013-03-03_14-52-47_379.jpg

Brent Cramer
2013-02-09_10-51-34_967.jpg

Rick Menefee and Ken Erickson
DSC03499.jpg

Jerry Halfrich
2013-02-10_09-25-28_716.jpg

Three Ohta's
DSC00980r.jpg

Not very usual in this forum, but let me share this handcrafted Taramundi.
31555BF5032354F204B92C54F20390.jpg

Slightly over three inches Damascus blade, two colors waterbuffalo horn handle with stainless steel ferrule.
33555BF5202654F204D72E54F203AD.jpg

Isn´t it beautiful?
Knifesmith is F.J. Paramás. Yo can find him at facebook.

Jared and I talked about that color specifically, and how it would age and darken.

I need to open a photobucket account while I am waiting to get my Gold membership. I have added a Tracy Larock spear point with long pull and green micarta to my orders.

In my collection, Oeser Zulu, Wiseman barlow and Taber Lannys Clip.

On order, a Taber Zulu, Cramer Lannys Clip and a Larock spear point jack. i can afford to miss some meals ;)...

I need to open a photobucket account while I am waiting to get my Gold membership.

Sounds like you think that you need a paid membership to post photos. All that is required is a free photobucket or other photo hosting site to post photos here.

I might have misunderstood what you were saying though, as I see you have been a member for a pretty long time. ;):eek:

Back