Custom Traditional Knives

Another Bruce Bump - feathered damascus blade with dyed stag handles:

Last edited:
I never knew Bruce made slip joints until Vince posted a few for sale recently. I regret not grabbing one. I especially like stag and damascus knife.

I never knew Bruce made slip joints until Vince posted a few for sale recently. I regret not grabbing one. I especially like stag and damascus knife.

Thanks - the damascus is really nicely done…so nice, in fact, that I can barely bring myself to use it! Bruce was a complete joy to work with, the fit and finish on his knives are superb - truly excellent stuff.

Some very beautiful knives and outstanding pics :thumbup:

Kerry Hampton Teardrop in ATS 34. CASE Antique Bone, 3.5" shut.

IMG_2892.jpg

Hiroaki Ohta Barehead Sambar Stag. 3.5" shut

IMG_1259.jpg

Fontenille-Pataud par Gilles. Sandvik, White Bone, 9cm shut.

IMG_0704.jpg

Last edited:
All I can say is wow! Something in my brain is telling me that I NEED a custom at some point...

Great knives everyone

Kerry Hampton Teardrop in ATS 34. CASE Antique Bone, 3.5" shut.

Hiroaki Ohta Barehead Sambar Stag. 3.5" shut

Fontenille-Pataud par Gilles. Sandvik, White Bone, 9cm shut.

Nice knives, Will! You know I like that Ohta and any knife by Mr. Hampton is a winner! The Fontenille-Pataud has been on my list for too long. I need to correct that.

Thank you Gary, most kind. Mr Ohta's stag is the yardstick I feel. I strongly recommend a Fontenille-Pataud, so many handle options, steels etc and for you Americans, something of a bargain just now as the Euro nears the Dollar. Makes getting American knives very much tougher for us though!:eek:

Regards, Will

A few of my faves...

Tony Bose 5 Blade Whittler #1

Menefee Dogleg. I asked him to make the secondary blade scalpel thin (and it is)

Kerry Hampton Tennessee Jack Prototype. I'm partial to this one...I named the pattern :). Shown alongside a single blade Lanny's Clip

A shameless plug for Kerry. Such a great guy and knife maker. He's lucky enough to be wearing one of Sheila's hats, who is an integral part of the BF community

My favorite pattern, the Cotton Sampler Top to Bottom: 1) Case/Bose Collab, 2) Tony Bose, 3) Ken Erickson, 4) Remington original

Ken Erickson's first 5-blader

Kerry pimpled out a case backpocket with acid etched and repprofiles blades. Not custom, but when a guy from Wilfred get his hands on a regular old knife, it becomes custom. Shown atop my EDC Tony Bose Backpocket

And finally, my Bose family. Some have been adopted, others have been added (not shown)

Last edited:
My small collection:

JD Ellis Lannys Clip.

DSC_7146_2_zps58899f65.jpg

Another JD Ellis, though I forget the pattern name.

JDEllis4_zps3aa237c8.jpg

Dave Skinner Swayback orange and black G10

DSCF3250Small_zpsfd08c8e3.jpg

My first custom slipjoint.

JD Ellis as well with Namakwaland Olive and Ti handle.

DSCN1618.jpg

DSCN1619.jpg

^ Boy that groove in the bolster really sets that knife off, awesome BigB!

Back