Cut with your knife?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas W

Banned
Does anyone? Or is it just flipping, opening, closing, macro obsessing? Just curious.

Try not to read into this post. No attitude, don't run from the brand, no need to call the factory...

I sure do. I use my 0550 on construction and it's been holding up great. Cutting some drywall and cutting plastic and cutting up old moldings and all kinds of dirty jobs.

Both :p
My sog flash 2, emerson cqc mini 15, have been rotating as a fruit knife [lol I know I know :p] Surprisingly, having a blade makes me want to eat fruit more! [A delica + para 2 was in this category but family members wanted them so I gave it to them]

the spyderco gayle bradley +zt 560 has been my cardboard cutters for a while

large sebenza + light weight manix 2 + the lovely tilt you sent me + para 2 s90v have been in rotation as my office type edc and paired with a blade I don't mind for harder/beat on use - the gb/560 namely

Kershaw vapor 2 + spyderco delica were my beaters - various kinds of tape, electric shiz, cardboard, fruit, branches, plastic

------------

With that said, I kniferbate all of them. [is that the first that pairing of words have been used? if so I call dibs lol]

But you know, with how great the Tilt [can't thank you enough, I love this knife!] + 560 feel [or any other offerings that KAI has], you can't blame us for wanting to kniferbate them so often!

Last edited:
I cut boxes, packages, rope, and the occasional pork-chop at work. I wash the knife before using on food. Happy I finally got my Skyline back, now gotta cut some stuff with the new blade!

Not with my Kershaws, just my Spydercos.

I keep my ZT's under a smallish Pyramid that
I own (fits in my backyard), so they don't get dull.

I can proudly say I use my 550 for edc cutting purposes everyday; since I found out a nail file just can't seem to get a usable edge on my index fingernail. :D Damn you plastic clam shells!

I have this little 3 finger knife I made a while ago to help me package and ship IDK maybe 30 items....still pops hairs offa my beer gut!

Does anyone? Or is it just flipping, opening, closing, macro obsessing? Just curious.

Hawaii
kershaw+at+work.jpg

pineapple+2.jpg

Alaska
skyline+05.jpg

skyline+07.jpg

Just sayn

I mostly just buy ZT0560's, complain about the detent, and then proceed to sell them off :D Just kidding... You guys did nice job on that one. It's an amazing knife at its price point.

I have yet to own a single knife that I haven't at least cut a piece of paper with. Mostly, my knives end up as "users." Some get used a little and sold, others get used a lot and sometimes sold. For me, it seems the more expensive they are, the more use they see and the more I expect. My Sebenzas definitely get used. The ZT's are fun to flip though. It's your own fault for making flippers that work well :D I've owned a 350 and a 560.

On a side note, I did send a 350 to you guys for service. Got it back in a week and the work was done well. Kudos to KAI for great service.

Most of my SAK need sharpening. My spyderco rescue from 90's also need touchy up. My shinai knife, I really don't care about. I can use broken glass. My skyline, I run it through sharpening steel every other day. Yeah... my knives do get to serve their purpose. I rarely get knife just to look at... well skyline damascus ended up collecting dust. Too pretty to use.

Pete

I cut a lot of zip ties, rubber hose,and wire insulation. Who am I kidding I usually just cut paper and critique the lock up. No but really I feel I could cut up a lot more stuff if I owned a TiLT...

Well we all have more than one knife and I know that some rotate their EDC's, I don't so my EDC get used nearly daily.

The rest of my collection has a few knives that get used on occasion but most get fondled/flipped maybe once a month or so.

I like knives as a hobby, experiencing, buying, and selling as often as I can afford.

I use mine to pick up women. Although still can't figure out whey they run away or spray me with mace when i show them the smooth action. I always try to show them with a smile too :devilish:

Unfortunately, and fortunately I don't currently have a knife that I have not edc-ed for at least a week. Even my delica damascus with blue jigged bone has scratches all over lol.

-edit hope to post some pics later

Last edited:
Hahaha I saw the thread and was very curious! When i read the first line I fell off the rocker! Way to keep us grounded Thomas!
If I had that 360 skd I would be doing alot more cutting;) ... Just sayin!

Try not to read into this post. No attitude, don't run from the brand, no need to call the factory...

Of course I use them. I have quite a few well used Kershaws...you've seen some of them. :p

I won't lie and say and I don't have storage boxes filled with NIB Kershaw/ZT but I can't help that...I'm an accumulator.

Last edited:
Yes I do.. I use my 0560,Shallot, Blurs and leeks all the time. Anything from breaking down boxes to cutting wire and even whittle wood sometimes.....

Yup. Mostly pretty light duty stuff, plastic ties, opening boxes, breaking down cardboard. Then, every once in awhile, I'll end up cutting a bunch of foam rubber mats, needing to whittle tent stakes, cutting carpet or other, tougher jobs. It seems like 90% of the time those jobs come up unexpectedly when I'm away from home, so whatever is in my pocket gets used.

That being said, I love the hell out of flipping, opening, closing and macro obsessing over my knives. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back