CW Tip Failure!

YES. To get some info regarding shipping back & forth.

Why not go to the source first?

NO, I just said I would not send it in if this were the case. As the knife still functions fine. Plus things are becoming tight$ my way! I've bought too many knives :p

This post makes it seem like you were getting just a little bit bent out of shape. :p

If I have to pay to get a BROKEN knife back to the US, SR will lose my business. Why should one pay for a BROKEN knife that is 2 WEEKS OLD to be shipped back to the US, costing me more money$$$. The Australian dollar is at 62cents to the US dollar ATM, it took me enough$$$ to buy the knife, & I need to pay more, shhhhish.

Maybe I'm just misreading the capital letters, the tone, and the word choice.

NO. I just should of worded(see below) that better, I'll be the first to admit that. I have explained myself here before. I hope you all understand what I was trying to get at. If not it doesn't matter now!

Fair enough. Moving on...

YES. With conditions I cannot go into. It was fare after thinking about it some. Not perfect for me, as I will be out of pocket$ if I don't get an replacement CW, & instead I get the retail value. I bought it after market. But the way the Aus dollar is going(60cents ATM), it'll be real close now. But very fare from a warranty stand point.

I do understand frustration if you can't get a CW in return and/or if you paid more than you will get in return. I do not know if such is the case, but if so, these conditions are simply the result of buying knives that are only made in batches and that sell for higher prices on the secondary market.

No, not actually. We did not finish discussing ALL the finer details. But saying that I did say I would just keep it for now, & think about it some.

So you did indicate to Eric you'd be keeping the knife before you posted this info elsewhere? Forgive me, but it simply seems like you're trying to air/try your problems publicly before you settle matters privately.

I'm cool. :cool:

Bladeforums should make people take a test before they're allowed to be a moderator

:thumbdn::rolleyes: ...Not wise.

Hey 338 Stalker, any luck finding the tip piece? I'd love to see a pic or 2 of this if you have, please. :) BTW, FWIW... In your shoes, I'd definitely be sending this knife in for a replacement, even if I were overseas. Why keep & mod the broken one if it will wind up having no warranty coverage once you mod it? I mean... What if this knife has other flaws in the metal further up the blade, and you mod it, then use it, and then it snaps again? Then you will have no replacement and have lost the entire cost and knife. JMHO. :)

Last edited:

Hey 338 Stalker, any luck finding the tip piece? I'd love to see a pic or 2 of this if you have, please. :) BTW, FWIW... In your shoes, I'd definitely be sending this knife in for a replacement, even if I were overseas. Why keep & mod the broken one if it will wind up having no warranty coverage once you mod it? I mean... What if this knife has other flaws in the metal further up the blade, and you mod it, then use it, and then it snaps again? Then you will have no replacement and have lost the entire cost and knife. JMHO. :)

I looked again this AM(1/2 hour. Yesterday 1 hour. So far I reckon I have put in about 3 hours), before I sent the CW. Still no go :( . But I WILL find it, & when I do, I will be sending pictures to Eric. After I discuss it with Eric. We will see whether these even need to go up on this forum.

Just to give a quick update, the Chopweiler is on it's way to the shop for detailed inspection and testing.

Thanks to 338 for getting this in the mail today so we can check out what went wrong. As soon as it arrives we have another getting ready to head "down under"

Also for what it is worth, IIRC this is the first CT, RW, CW that had enough damage that it required a replacement (there was one CT that we replaced but we did so because we wanted to keep the original ;) ) so of course we want it back so that we can look at it.

Eric

That Camp Tramp was a site to behold!!!! It served our Country well!!:thumbup::thumbup: I hope it received a proper burial:D

338, it is extremely difficult to convey feeling and easy to misinterpret intent from behind a keyboard, but when you say that people are going to email you about the CW...what will you say?

You were prying with a knife and the tip snapped and that you felt it was the companies best interest to pay shipping both ways? You know that is UNHEARD of in any business?

I hate to come in on this thread this late in the game, but it really bothers me to think that someone would say that. How did you expect folks to react about that statement and how do you expect folks to react when you tell them that the mean old knife company asked you to pay shipping one way for a knife you broke? The fact that they will replace it speaks volumes about Swamp Rat and the fact that you ..."in just stating facts" about how you were treated by being asked to pay shipping one way speaks volumes about you.

So, I should let someone piss on me because he is a mod? If he can dish it he should be able to take it as well.

LMAO !! :D

Well said .... :thumbup:

some people...... :rolleyes: shheeesh !!
flashing-brown-nose.jpg

Keep it up Knife Nazi! This is going to get interesting! We havent seen a good meltdown here in a long time!

btw, you are running downhill so watch out for rocks.

Swamp Rat should make people take a test before the are allowed to purchase a knife.

Bladeforums should make people take a test before they're allowed to select a user name.

Bladeforums should make people take a test before they're allowed to be a moderator

So, I should let someone piss on me because he is a mod? If he can dish it he should be able to take it as well.

When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.

From the FAQ:
What are some of the things that can earn me a warning, infraction, or ban?
Good question. While we can't possibly list everything that you could possibly do to break the rules, here's a partial list.

(including)

Sassin' the Mods
The moderators at BFC are unpaid volunteers. They donate their time and energy out of a love for the community. When you sass, backtalk or otherwise give them hell, you make an already difficult job even less enjoyable. So, instead of that, we're going to remove you from the site. If you can't be polite, leave.

Running down hill AND digging. Sounds like a recipe for disaster. :)

338 Stalker, don't get some of us wrong. There's nothing wrong with posting pics of the break in a place like Bladeforums. I think all of us are interested in conditions where a Swamp Rat or Busse knife receives some damage. I think the objections arose with making public some matters which might have been handled privately first.

All that stuff aside, what impresses me about this break is just how smooth it looks. I'll be interested in reading what the Shop determines on this one.

CWTipFail-7.jpg

CWTipFail-5.jpg

Monty Python? That is too funny, glad I got to see it before it mysteriously vanishes. :D

Esav, if our Nazi friend gets out in the end with just skint knees it will be a miracle. :p

Also, Stalker 338, I hope the replacement conditions work out to your satisfaction. I've only bought a few Busse Group knives aftermarket, and several of them are Rats. Let's see... SHBM (Straight Handled Battle Mistress), Steel Heart Ergo, Rat Daddy, Rat Mastiff, Ratweiler are all knives that come to mind. I've wondered how I'd feel if one of those failed. Imagine sending in a SHBM for damage and having to settle for the sub-$300 original price. They go for $1000 or so now. :eek: :eek:

Can anyone else see Russia from their house? Cause this is seriously blowing my mind right now :eek::D:eek: I mean, it's right there.

Back