David Boye Cast Dendritic Cobalt knife I finished

Matt and I worked out a deal where in I ended up with the larger of the two blades and it is very well done and really cuts great too !

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

I've never seen let alone heard of Myrtyle wood but it looks great and fits the hand nicely.
G2

I really wanted to pick up one of these unfinished blades at Blade Show but I didn't see them until Sunday and my knives were already shipped back:(

You can always reach out to David Boye and see what he has available
G2

Marvelous knife. I’d like to have one in my collection. I’m very curious to test the cutting power of this kind of steel

At the start of this thread is a photo of a pair of David's castings that I bought at Blade Show - here's the smaller of the two, a cute little bird and trout knife, that I finally finished up yesterday. Same figured Myrtle as the larger one.

2019090508404022-3024576574941222562-IMG_4367-X2.jpg

Pretty amazing and quite handy looking knife right there Matt, nice job!
G2

At the start of this thread is a photo of a pair of David's castings that I bought at Blade Show - here's the smaller of the two, a cute little bird and trout knife, that I finally finished up yesterday. Same figured Myrtle as the larger one.

This one came out very nicely. The Myrtle looks good and the handle shape seems perfect for this knife. Very nice package. Mike

You should give it whomever cooks the most for you. I use my little and full size Basics in the kitchen.

Thanks, buddy.

Pretty amazing and quite handy looking knife right there Matt, nice job!
G2

I like the simple flow of it. I didn’t want to vary too far off of David’s page with it, and think I managed to do that here.

This one came out very nicely. The Myrtle looks good and the handle shape seems perfect for this knife. Very nice package. Mike

I would, but I think she’s already got better dedicated kitchen cutlery. ;)

You should give it whomever cooks the most for you. I use my little and full size Basics in the kitchen.

My reground Basic 4 is the most used knife in the kitchen;)

I'm very jealous. Both at the finished product, and the casting it started as.

I'm going to have Boye Dendritic Cobalt on my mind. How would a guy go about getting a casting if at all possible?

I'm very jealous. Both at the finished product, and the casting it started as.

I'm going to have Boye Dendritic Cobalt on my mind. How would a guy go about getting a casting if at all possible?

I’ve only seen the castings available, with David, at the Blade Show, the last couple of years. He has a web site. You might try contacting him there. If it is just a dentritic cobalt blade you want, it looks like the full tang with wrapped handle models may be available, and his folders also. With a bit of searching, you might be able to find a used, finished knife, similar to Matt and Gary’s.

David’s earliest knives we’re made from large carbon steel circular saw mill blades. He next moved to the cast 440c blades, then on to the cast cobalt blades. If buying used, just confirm what you’re looking at. Mike

Back