David Mirabile RONIN Battle Tanto WIP (PAGE 25 NEW CUTTING VIDEO)

Ok, couldn't wait. How about with a 5" Kraiken. :cool:

[video=youtube;ZWvfKb3ohfo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWvfKb3ohfo[/video]

One thing I want to point out in the video that will not be thought of by most that have never played with Japanese swords

While I am far from a master of anything and my swordsmanship is poor to what it was ....... I'm trying :) please notice the sword control of the blade while it is in the sheath

Especially when I'm holding the puppy

I would never bend down with a Japanese style blade being worn thru a sash with out placing my left hand on the SAYA and wrapping my thumb around the Tsuba TO CONTROL THE BLADE

This piece has been setup so well by David that it has enough pressure on the Habaki to keep the sword in place even when the handle is dipped below level

I would not have done that with with many blades

David's is tuned that well

It matters

In every other part of the video I controlled the handle when bending over as you should

Food for thought

Most would not even see it

i was not assuming the bottom of the paper stayed in place afterwards :) that would be miraculous. but the fact that it stayed flat just for a moment after the sword went through made me think the angle and direction of forces must play into it. obviously his perfect trajectory and geometry of approach are the main factors of his success, but each piece of the puzzle we can figure out by observing is worth investigating. i have to give it a try !

i was not assuming the bottom of the paper stayed in place afterwards :) that would be miraculous. but the fact that it stayed flat just for a moment after the sword went through made me think the angle and direction of forces must play into it. obviously his perfect trajectory and geometry of approach are the main factors of his success, but each piece of the puzzle we can figure out by observing is worth investigating. i have to give it a try !

Yes you do :)

Back