DC Knife Knuts Lunch

Four of us met and had a nice lunch. I think that everyone enjoyed themselves.

If anyone up Baltimore way would like to contact the Orchard Restaurant, we might very well be able to have a get together there.

Danelle, we held seats for you and for Joyce. Sory you couldn't make it.

------------------
Walk in the Light,
Hugh

I just saw this thread and am interested in meeting fellow knife knuts in the area (I live in Alexandria).

Any plans on another meeting?

What is your favorite knife shop in the metro area (not counting Chesapeake Knife and Tool)

------------------
DON'T SWEAT THE DETAILS

Orchard Inn on a weekend sounds good. I have to drive to Gaithersburg every day, so something near home is good!
Aaron
ps search back in the community forum, there was a thread a while back about knife stores in the DC area

------------------
aaronm@cs.brandeis.edu
I like my women like I like my knives: strong, sharp, well-formed and pattern-welded!

1REDUCK, we're limited in our choices of knife stores here. Chesapeak K&T is the only one really convenient, but I understand there are some in Maryland. When you find one, we'll all be interested.

We'll use this thread to update our list of folks interested in the next function. We're tentatively planning on going to the next local knife show together in early/mid June.

It's hard to beat good food & good conversation with fellow knifenuts. The only thing which might have made it better would have been the presence of Danelle and Joyce at those empty place settings.
wink.gif

I enjoyed puting some real names and faces with the BladeForums handles.

I hope the fingerprints came off all those blades which were passed around. I'll be sure to bring more than just my daily carry next time. Oh, and maybe a tuff cloth too!
smile.gif

Thanks Hugh for pushing this one through. We'll have to see what we can cook up after the Memorial Day holiday.

From: Ivan8883@aol.com 6-3-99 1017PM EDT I would be interested in getting together in Gaithersburg. I am up in Brunswick ,MD. by the way there is a nice knife shop in Frederick. It is in the second block of North Market, left side and has been there since early nineties. Nice fellow runs the shop and is very knowledgable.

Back