Dear Case Knives...

Case already offers a Bose signature limited production muskrat with wharncliffe ... but not for the regular issue muskrat (sub $100 price mark). The "ratcliffe" (muskRAT wharnCLIFFE) muskrat as coined is something people are modding regular muskrats into - everybody seems to like it (it has more of a traditional wharncliffe shape than the improved hawbaker muskrat).

LK2YBby.jpg

How could it not be a big seller for Case with the resurgence of the wharncliffe blade across the board ... I wouldn't even ask for any royalites :)

Last edited:
Case already offers a Bose signature limited production muskrat with wharncliffe ... but not for the regular issue muskrat (sub $100 price mark). The "ratcliffe" muskrat as coined is something people are modding regular muskrats into - everybody seems to like it (it has more of a traditional wharncliffe shape than the improved hawbaker muskrat).

LK2YBby.jpg

How could it not be a big seller for Case with the resurgence of the wharncliffe blade across the board ... I wouldn't even ask for any royalites :)
I did the mod you speak of and it's a very usable knife that I carry a lot. Unfortunately I don't have it with me today.--KV

I did the mod you speak of and it's a very usable knife that I carry a lot. Unfortunately I don't have it with me today.--KV

I very much agree - it's such a useful combination, and the fit and finish of modern era Case muskrats is so good ... the ones I've modded into Ratcliffe's snap shut dramatically better than the GEC #82 possum skinner (single spring) that followed, which was cut from the same cloth and everything points to being a big seller for them. I'd really love to see a Case ratcliffe muskrat version released at a non-premium price point ...

Last edited:
My favorite Case patterns are the 35 and 45 patterns. I was going to say that Case should bring them back but then I realized that the fact that they are discontinued adds a certain charm for me. So I'm not going to say that.:D

I'll toss in another vote for more As Ground blades.

Back when I was still buying Case knives, I had always wanted a jigged bone 62087 Medium Jack. They only offer it in black synthetic and blue bone with a Ford logo. Nothing against Ford, I just don't have a particular affinity for Case's co-branded products. Would have loved to see that in more handle choices.

Another great small Jack that is a little bigger than the peanut is the 6225 1/2 small swell center (aka small Coke bottle), though it was discontinued about a decade or so ago. Nice pattern that would be nice for them to revive, and perhaps not as a Coca-cola co-brand this time.

I'm on board with the as-ground finish. I think full size trappers with a wharncliff secondary should be a regular option. I think the only one out now is a green bone version.

I don't mean for it to be a knock on fit and finish, but Case, please get it together with the dye. We need consistency on those covers :thumbsup::thumbsup:

How about the full-size trapper with the bottle opener instead of the spey blade? Throw a lanyard hole on there like the Backpocket. I’d buy one immediately. Also, more CV as stated above, and while you’re at it rerelease the Clasp knife and big Barlow again.

Last edited:
I would dearly love to see CV and stag with CV springs. And I'd like to see that combo for every model of stag knife they produce. I'd also love to see CV offered for all model and grip materials. I don't hardly ever carry ss knives anymore and I really like Case knives so it's kind of frustrating.
Bob

Back