1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Dear Case Knives...

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Eli Chaps, Apr 9, 2019.

1. FarmKid

FarmKid

Jun 7, 2012
    Bring back the 92 stockman! 18 stockman with punch and Spey! More carbon 47 options!

2. Lansky1

Lansky1

Apr 12, 2016
    Case already offers a Bose signature limited production muskrat with wharncliffe ... but not for the regular issue muskrat (sub $100 price mark). The "ratcliffe" (muskRAT wharnCLIFFE) muskrat as coined is something people are modding regular muskrats into - everybody seems to like it (it has more of a traditional wharncliffe shape than the improved hawbaker muskrat).

[​IMG]

How could it not be a big seller for Case with the resurgence of the wharncliffe blade across the board ... I wouldn't even ask for any royalites :)

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  3. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    More Spear blades please! Especially singles. Too scarce on CASE models.

More variation on Penknife scales, Amber Bone, Chestnut please.

chuck4570, Cutfinger, neal70 and 2 others like this.
  4. kvaughn

kvaughn Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2005
    I did the mod you speak of and it's a very usable knife that I carry a lot. Unfortunately I don't have it with me today.--KV

navaja, Eli Chaps and Lansky1 like this.
  5. Lansky1

Lansky1

Apr 12, 2016
    I very much agree - it's such a useful combination, and the fit and finish of modern era Case muskrats is so good ... the ones I've modded into Ratcliffe's snap shut dramatically better than the GEC #82 possum skinner (single spring) that followed, which was cut from the same cloth and everything points to being a big seller for them. I'd really love to see a Case ratcliffe muskrat version released at a non-premium price point ...

Eli Chaps likes this.
  6. Pomsbz

Pomsbz

Jul 31, 2015
    More Case Bose please. :D

7. Railsplitter

Railsplitter Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2010
    My favorite Case patterns are the 35 and 45 patterns. I was going to say that Case should bring them back but then I realized that the fact that they are discontinued adds a certain charm for me. So I'm not going to say that.:D

I'll toss in another vote for more As Ground blades.

navaja and Eli Chaps like this.
  8. waverave

waverave Gold Member Platinum Member Gold Member

Jun 7, 2018
    More singe blade Peanuts :):thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

chuck4570, Cutfinger, jmh33 and 2 others like this.
  9. jc57

jc57 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2012
    Back when I was still buying Case knives, I had always wanted a jigged bone 62087 Medium Jack. They only offer it in black synthetic and blue bone with a Ford logo. Nothing against Ford, I just don't have a particular affinity for Case's co-branded products. Would have loved to see that in more handle choices.

Another great small Jack that is a little bigger than the peanut is the 6225 1/2 small swell center (aka small Coke bottle), though it was discontinued about a decade or so ago. Nice pattern that would be nice for them to revive, and perhaps not as a Coca-cola co-brand this time.

Cutfinger, Halfneck, Dschal and 2 others like this.
  10. JD Bear

JD Bear Gold Member Basic Member Gold Member

Aug 4, 2015
    I'm on board with the as-ground finish. I think full size trappers with a wharncliff secondary should be a regular option. I think the only one out now is a green bone version.

I don't mean for it to be a knock on fit and finish, but Case, please get it together with the dye. We need consistency on those covers :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Will Power and Eli Chaps like this.
  11. JD Bear

JD Bear Gold Member Basic Member Gold Member

Aug 4, 2015
    Oh....and more wood options would be nice. Come on guys, you're a traditional knife company....less pink and neon blue, more ebony and oak...

12. Wurrwulf

Wurrwulf Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2015
    Full-sized Wharncliffe secondary Case Peanuts, please! I don't care if it's SS or CV or what handle material it comes in or what shields are available.

Ace Rimmer, Eli Chaps and PaulS. like this.
  13. Phil in Alabama

Phil in Alabama

Oct 31, 2005
    I'd like to see them make the 6345-1/2 medium and 6394-1/2 large "cattle knife" patterns again. The "94" is still around, sort of, as a jumbo canoe, but I much prefer equal ends and a clip master blade instead of the blunt spear as in the canoe form.

JD Bear, jmh33, neal70 and 1 other person like this.
  14. Butch

Butch Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 25, 2003
    Two blade barlow with spear main blade.

Cutfinger and Eli Chaps like this.
  15. eisman

eisman Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 9, 2009
    Make a Jack on your medium Congress pattern.

Eli Chaps likes this.
  16. jstrange

jstrange

Mar 31, 2012
    How about the full-size trapper with the bottle opener instead of the spey blade? Throw a lanyard hole on there like the Backpocket. I’d buy one immediately. Also, more CV as stated above, and while you’re at it rerelease the Clasp knife and big Barlow again.

17. neal70

neal70

Jun 3, 2015
    ‘47pu.
    CV, if nothing else. SMH.
    Thanks, Neal

lutejones and Eli Chaps like this.
  18. OklaMoose

OklaMoose

Jan 13, 2019
    I will second @Eli Chaps request for more Corn Cob Jig. That jigging is amazing! Oh, and MORE SADDLE HORNS! :)

Pinemoon and Eli Chaps like this.
  19. ccsavage

ccsavage Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 23, 2014
    How about a 1306 lock back. They can call it the Case 20-1906:thumbsup:

Nsewell and Eli Chaps like this.
  20. rdg

rdg

Oct 30, 2002
    I would dearly love to see CV and stag with CV springs. And I'd like to see that combo for every model of stag knife they produce. I'd also love to see CV offered for all model and grip materials. I don't hardly ever carry ss knives anymore and I really like Case knives so it's kind of frustrating.
    Bob