Death Chat!!

Didn't want to throw away the scrap Elmax so I decided to make some arrowheads. Probably good for storing in survival tins and can be lashed on to a stick for a makeshift arrow or spear.

9036314663_524624686e_b.jpg

Gonna be out of commission for a bit. Just cut my hand pretty deep on the drill press. On the way to walk in clinic to get stitches.

Doesn't feel like it. Time to invest in a dedicated drill press or ideally a mill so that I can utilize it to make folders .

5 stitches and 350 bucks. I was lucky. Very grateful. Doc says that I am gonna have to leave the stitches on for 2 weeks because they are susceptible to opening up easily. The cut is inside the left palm on middle finger down into the webbing and into the ring finger. Sucks that I won't be able to get much done for at least a week.

Last edited:
Damn, well, at least it wasn't worse. Two weeks isn't so bad a cost. That sounds like a nice big cut too. Well, I wish you the speediest of recoveries! :thumbup:

Let's postpone the 23rd meetup. It doesn't seem like folks are rushing to come anyway :D Maybe do an early July weekend; your hand should be fine, or at least on the way there, for whatever by then.

Don't let my hand be a factor for the meetup. How many will be there on the 23rd?

Last edited:
Alright, so, let's do a hike on the 23rd, I'll figure out a place. That way you won't need your hands, if you're not a trekking pole kinda guy anyway :)

Yeah, let's get a headcount going so we can figure this thing out.

Plan so far: meetup for a hike somewhere in south bay, possibly Big Basin loop. Ban and Huy have done it, if they don't want to do it again, we can do somewhere else. Portola Redwoods has this pretty cool loop out to this chill redwood grove that you guys might enjoy.

So, so far, it's Ban, Jeremy, and probably Huy? I'll see if Nate's in. Choombak?

It's either going to be Portola Redwoods, a 12mi loop out to the Peter's Creek Grove, or the waterfall loop in Big Basin. I don't know if Jeremy's done the Big Basin loop yet. If not, we can go there. If he's already been and no one else has been to Portola, we should do that one.

Last edited:
Or we can simply hang out somewhere to BBQ and fondle knives.

This is what I get for trying to post shit with my little smart phone. I just had to go back and edit 3 posts.

Back