DEK2

please_stop_person_of_interest.gif

when I first found out that Nathan was going to offer the DEK2 with a swedge, I was like "that motherf-er! The knife ain't designed that way"!
Turns out, I'm an idiot.
This is why Nathan is The Boss.
🖤

my A2 prototype was able to cut through the steel housing of our old dishwasher door, so I have high hopes for a much better version in D3V!
Do you have a top secret heat treat reciepe for that A2?
That steel was one of my top ten favorites till I had a famous treater over heat Mine.... :/

Id like to try it again. haha

Do you have a top secret heat treat reciepe for that A2?
That steel was one of my top ten favorites till I had a famous treater over heat Mine.... :/

Id like to try it again. haha
nope! Just the ole tried and true. A2 is really simple to heat treat, which is why I like it!

I think this knife might be the one that will fill a variety of roles. Actually, the DEK 1 certainly qualifies in that regard, and I could probably make the same case for a couple others.

That said, I sort of like the fact that it is a big bad knife in a small enough package to be not too inconvenient to have on one's person while knowing it is adequate for backing up a firearm in the event of bad dogs or other feral critters which occasionally roam our area, particularly on the late dog walks, and is essentially indestructible for more mundane but "boys will be boys" tasks around the property or further abroad in the woods.

I ordered it in the plain Jane version so it would be more likely to be used...and I also opted for the taco sheath to facilitate carry in my usual sweats while lazing around the homestead (such as it is).

This is gonna be cool and I'm really looking forward to it...especially since I'm tired of lusting after the ones I've seen posted here already.

I think this knife might be the one that will fill a variety of roles. Actually, the DEK 1 certainly qualifies in that regard, and I could probably make the same case for a couple others.

That said, I sort of like the fact that it is a big bad knife in a small enough package to be not too inconvenient to have on one's person while knowing it is adequate for backing up a firearm in the event of bad dogs or other feral critters which occasionally roam our area, particularly on the late dog walks, and is essentially indestructible for more mundane but "boys will be boys" tasks around the property or further abroad in the woods.

I ordered it in the plain Jane version so it would be more likely to be used...and I also opted for the taco sheath to facilitate carry in my usual sweats while lazing around the homestead (such as it is).

This is gonna be cool and I'm really looking forward to it...especially since I'm tired of lusting after the ones I've seen posted here already.
You’ll have to give us an update when you get it, the dek 2 is stout!

You'll like it, seems like a great knife for working around the house, yard work , digging holes, scraping old gasket material off of an engine etc

Just an awesome design!

Screenshot_20230212_152613_Gallery.jpg

I’ve skipped on the DEKs up to now because I like the EDC/FK handle designs better for general use. (Though I love my UF/DEF and UF2…) While I’m not generally a fan of tanto designs, they do have their place, especially on a stout knife (stronger tip in general).

The DEK2 has me considering getting a DEK.

Back