DEK2

I like these Tricolore scales. Wasn't sure in the beginning.

i-jkgbFCg-X3.jpg

DEK2 to the rescue. I was on a group ride up around 9000' and as we were getting into snow one of the guys fell and mangled his knee. The ride back to the road was an hour slog, the way forward was a few minutes but blocked by a downed tree. Since the saw was apparently forgotten I cut, chopped, pried, and beat my way through a 12-14 inch log with the knife and a nice flat rock. other than some light scarring on the spine, some mangled scales, and an almost imperceptible edge chip from a rock inclusion it came through the abuse well.

I never expected to like the 2 this much, it has certainly grown on me and I am thankful I had it in my pack that day.

A little grinding and some thin CA to wick into the scale fibers in case I didn't chase the delamination far enough and it's back in the pocket.

Oh, and AFTER I was finished the rider that was carrying the saw found it in the bottom of his pack.

DEK2 to the rescue. I was on a group ride up around 9000' and as we were getting into snow one of the guys fell and mangled his knee. The ride back to the road was an hour slog, the way forward was a few minutes but blocked by a downed tree. Since the saw was apparently forgotten I cut, chopped, pried, and beat my way through a 12-14 inch log with the knife and a nice flat rock. other than some light scarring on the spine, some mangled scales, and an almost imperceptible edge chip from a rock inclusion it came through the abuse well.

I never expected to like the 2 this much, it has certainly grown on me and I am thankful I had it in my pack that day.

A little grinding and some thin CA to wick into the scale fibers in case I didn't chase the delamination far enough and it's back in the pocket.

Oh, and AFTER I was finished the rider that was carrying the saw found it in the bottom of his pack.
Thank you for sharing

And glad you guys made it out with help from the DEK2 !

this story shows precisely the kind of thing I designed this knife for!

this post might be my favourite of all in the history of the CPK forum! I especially like the ironic twist at the end👍

someone out there set this man up with a pair of scales!

this story shows precisely the kind of thing I designed this knife for!

this post might be my favourite of all in the history of the CPK forum! I especially like the ironic twist at the end👍

someone out there set this man up with a pair of scales!
Don't I wish! I can't find any action shots, but for anyone interested in motorcycles and beautiful scenery here is a video of the ride:

The CPK rough use warranty:
If your knife ever fails for any reason, short of intentionally breaking it, I will replace, repair or refund. Broken tips are repointed. Broken scales are replaced with the material of my choosing.

I don't have any green TT scales for that but I do have some gray TT if you want them. Also, if you return the knife to the mothership, I can resharpen it for you.

Back