DEK2

would it be possible for someone to make a video doing field maintenance/ field sharpening on the DEK 2 please?
Also, Does anyone have any suggestions on best practices to maintain Delta 3v in the field?

Thank you all for your time!
fine spyderco ceramic is what I use most of the time, unless I ding the edge and then I use the coarse diafold. I could make a lil video one of these days, I'm constantly having to tune the edges since I use em like I stole em, (I did steel em).

Maintenance? As far as sharpening goes, I simply hit my cpk's with a strop before they get dull and that brings um back to hair popping sharp everytime. Get a good strop and some strop compound and you should be good to go. Or anything by Worksharp if you need actual edge repair.

Maintenance? As far as sharpening goes, I simply hit my cpk's with a strop before they get dull and that brings um back to hair popping sharp everytime. Get a good strop and some strop compound and you should be good to go. Or anything by Worksharp if you need actual edge repair.
Just remember NOT to use the powered WorkSharp sharpeners. The manual WorkSharp options are fine.

Oh no! Wait why don’t you recommend using powered worksharp devices?
I bought one but with my limited skill set I only use it on convexed blades.

Oh no! Wait why don’t you recommend using powered worksharp devices?
I bought one but with my limited skill set I only use it on convexed blades.
Nathan has explained that powered belt sander type sharpeners will overheat the very edge of a knife (where there's very little material, thus easily overheated by the friction of powered sharpeners), destroying the effects of their low temp tweak for D3V.

While you can still get the edge shaving sharp (and easily slicing things like paper), it will lose the hard use edge retention/stability they specifically developed the D3V process/ heat treat for.

Now that’s funny right there.

Yeah, it’s different. Full disclosure, this was not some thing I cooked up or asked for. I knew a knife was coming, but the scales were never specified. I think they just wanted to have a little fun and try some stuff.

Nice ghost blue G-10 scales I got some for my UF2 and my in coming DEK3 !...can't wait to see them on mine

Does Lorien make custom sheaths for the DEK 2? I’ve seen a couple of really nice leather and kydex DEK sheaths but I don’t know where they’re being sold.
I somehow left Blade without a DEK2, (I was going to steal PolRoger PolRoger 's) but there should be one on its way to me soon. I'll start gauging interest over in my forum for them within the next couple days but won't really be able to get going until I have one to work from. I'm working the pattern over in my mind right now, but there's a lot of stuff in there at the moment 🤣

Back