Demko AD20: Share Your Images and Experience

You guys have some great images. Thanks for sharing them. I should never, ever post up another one. :thumbsup:

I've tried and can't figure out how to post a picture.

If you have a site where the image is hosted online, get the url and put
in front of the url without spaces and
with no spaces in front of the address...and the same thing after the url but with a slash in front of the letters "img" and it should show in your post.

Alternatively, put the url in your next post, and I'll edit it to put it in the right format.

You can put multiple images in one post. Just put 'em all in before you hit send. I usually put them on separate lines.

A little bit of lube sparingly applied really slicked this baby up overnight. :cool:

(Just used a needle applicator, didn't bother with any sort of disassembly.)

I think Demko really hit the jackpot w this one.Wonder how long these batches will sell out this fast for?

I think Demko really hit the jackpot w this one.Wonder how long these batches will sell out this fast for?

I think they'll probably be hot for a while given that they have a variety of runs planned with different tool and stainless steels...plus plans for a thinner / lighter model down the road.

I'm thrilled with the Cru-Wear version, but I'd like to get my hands on 3V as well. John had mentioned that 3V is in the pipeline, but there are a handful of different runs ahead of it at the moment...some exclusive to particular dealers as well as their own shop, and others not exclusive...to the best of my recollection.

The reason I like the idea of 3V and Cru-Wear for the Demko knives is because of their good balance of toughness and edge retention as exhibited on this chart from Larrin's study of the property of various steels. (Cru-Wear has the additional advantage of superior corrosion resistance.)

toughness-edge-retention-total3.jpg

That Blue really pops, these weren't on my radar but just went on Wishlist. Is the AD20 made directly by the Demko shop or is someone else making these knives?

I’ve been trying to keep my eyes open to catch one. Nice photos everyone.

That Blue really pops, these weren't on my radar but just went on Wishlist. Is the AD20 made directly by the Demko shop or is someone else making these knives?

They build them themselves. Heat treat is done by Peters, I believe...and I think the water jet cutting is done offsite, but I can't swear to it.

You can sign up for alerts at DLT and other dealers that carry their line. Sometimes, word gets out that a new batch is under way but that's catch as catch can afaik.

I signed up for alerts to be sure to grab a flipperless XM-18 but was also on the fence of this gorgeous piece of steel. I refresh the DLT page about 10 times a day.

By the time I took the kid to his fencing lesson and came back home, found that stealth drop of AD-20 was entirely sold out ! Didn't even get an alert from DLT... I was so bummed out, while the wife was parading, claiming that we dodged another financial bullet :'(

I saw they also had some in grivory handles for 350 wouldnt mind snagging a blue one of those either.

Back