Design A Simple Knife

I didn't have mine handy but it is about the size of my hikers back-up. I am not a fan of clip points but since I am primarily a hunter, not a wood crafter, I like a sharp point to start skinning the legs and such.:thumbup:

Nice work ms3902...I really dig the drop point and the brute.

Thanks, I screwed up the first set of 1/8th inch holes they should be lined up.:grumpy:
I really like the rounded handle of your design. There are so many options when you go this route with knives. It has to be one of the funnest categories for the simple fact of just how EDC friendly they are. Add a kydex sheath and you are good to go.:thumbup:

Okay, simple no scales version.
KnifeIdea-C-BAS-10-09v5.jpg

I see some nice designs so far. Too bad I`m not the judge, you guys will be! :D

One more thing, even if your knife does not win, from what I`ve seen I would make any of these designs for $75, or $85 with a standard micarta handle. Great jobs! :thumbup:

I'm don't really dig the feel of a knife without scales, and I don't really get how to best drill these out. I see some people weave paracord through the handle...suppose that's always an option. Any thoughts?
Slide1.jpg

Here's one that I'm working on, it is close in dimensions. Material size: 1" tall x 1/8" thick x 5.5" long CPM M4. If I win please send me free knife.

23689440.jpg

43522434.jpg

The holes in the handles was of concern for me as well. That is why I chose two different size holes. I figure you could use the 1/8th inch ones for a paracord wrap or the bigger ones if you chose to put some type of scale on it. But the more I think about it the more I think instead of 3/16th inch holes 1/4 would be a better choice.

As a hunter, any kind of wrap handle is junk after one field dressing session. Not that is cost to much to wrap it again.:) It doesn't work to bad for wood working. However, removable/replaceable scales is something I would kill for.:D

As a hunter, any kind of wrap handle is junk after one field dressing session. Not that is cost to much to wrap it again.:) It doesn't work to bad for wood working.

This is one of the reasons why I've never been into skeletonized knives. For comfort I know I'd want to wrap it in something like paracord...or something similar. But after even after basic food prep it seems like it would get nasty. Throw some micarta on it and I'm happy.

Back