Desperados Waiting for a Train

Redmeadow Knives

John Conner
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
You know I'm no good at picking thread titles, besides I was thinkin about this movie all day...
Cheatersneverwin.jpeg
And hummin this song.....
(One of the beat songs ever written)

Oh yeah, this is what we're here fer.
Let's get this ball rollin, shall we?
20190322_190438-01.jpeg

Last edited:
You know I'm no good at picking thread titles, besides I was thinkin about this movie all day...
my_name_is_nobody_french_br-01h35m59s.jpg

And hummin this song.....
(One of the beat songs ever written)

Oh yeah, this is what we're here fer.
Let's get this ball rollin, shall we?
View attachment 1096451
Big YUP on all three!:thumbsup:

Heck yeah! :D So are we callin' this the Redmeadow Desperado? Was that even on the list? :confused:

It's just a title, let's not worry about a name for now .

Think about what kind of material you may want for the front spacer, and if you want thumpling.

20190307_110221-02.jpeg

Without cheating, any guesses on what movie is in the first post? (The actors initials are H.F.)

Hey you, quit cheatin!

^ On Golden Pond?

:D I do like your thread title - knew right away what it was about :thumbsup:

What do you call "thumpling" - being a Downeaster I have no idea (well, I have an idea but likely wrong).

Looking forward to see the pages mount up in this thread.

Ray

I'll take a thumpling (I think :confused:).
Looks like a thumb ramp of sorts ??
And what's our options on front spacer? Wood, bone, micarta, goat's hoof, fossilized blackberry ???
Excited about the beginning of this :thumbsup:

Thumpling is a dimpled texture on the spine near the handle. It's not aggressive, but it gives a little bit of grab. I guess we have our own language in here:eek:

Blackwood would go well with these, I'll take a look t what I have that would work well and post some options for the front spacer.

I like either micarta, paperstone, or G10 for the end spacer, it adds strength back there and lets me peen it like I mean it. I have a few color options there.

Ray, right actor, wrong movie;)

Hint........Nobody was faster! :)

Is the maroon the paperstone?
Paperstone, Micarta or G10, I've got all three.

Nailed it Dennis, one of my favorite spaghettis! Tell me, did you cheat or was HF and the train enough?

Paperstone, Micarta or G10, I've got all three.

Nailed it Dennis, one of my favorite spaghettis! Tell me, did you cheat or was HF and the train enough?

Love the paperstone, great product!:cool::thumbsup:

Grew up watching those movies, and watch them whenever they are on. The Nobody's were awsome!
On Henry Fonda's fake headstone at the end, "Nobody was faster", such a great scene!
Excellent choices!:):thumbsup:

I'll take a thumpling (I think :confused:).
Looks like a thumb ramp of sorts ??
And what's our options on front spacer? Wood, bone, micarta, goat's hoof, fossilized blackberry ???
Excited about the beginning of this :thumbsup:

More thumpling... :cool:

IMG_3411.jpg

Mmmmm, thumpling and blackwood...

My thoughts exacticly! :D :thumbsup:

Right? I think these are gonna rock. A maroon end spacer or even a dark blue might work to give it some pop with the Nickel silver.

Hmm, blue... I'll have to think about that! :D

Back