Desperados Waiting for a Train

great pics guys.

welp, i didn't get any blood on the serrano (?) out in ohio. only got one shot....aaand i missed. i didn't hit him where i wanted. fortunately, i didn't hurt him....i saw him again a couple days later. pretty bummed about it, but all i can do now is learn from it....i know what i did wrong.

guess that means i actually need to try during the VT season this year. :D

Last edited:
Y'all are probably getting sick of all the pics of my Serrano. Too bad! :p I carried her in the canted crossdraw position (~10 o'clock position) all weekend while Pheasant hunting. I was amazed how well it carried like that, and how unobtrusive it was. Never got in my way whatsoever, even sitting in the truck! :cool: :thumbsup:

She dissected a few birds with ease, removing wings and legs at the joints, and I also used it to filet the breasts off the bone after getting home. It slices really, really well, and the blade shape is just right! I am thoroughly impressed with this little blade, pert near perfect! :D

A few sunset fence post pics with different camera settings and sun positions:

View attachment 1230996

View attachment 1230995

View attachment 1230994

After dinner on Saturday, socializing with good friends, drinking whiskey and enjoying a nice cigar in the quonset at the farm... :cool:

View attachment 1230993

(Yeah, it's a genuine Cuban. Awesome smoke!!! :thumbsup:)
Stunning pics!
And yeah, cross-draw is awesome, my preferred method of carry with the Serrano :thumbsup:

great pics guys.

welp, i didn't get any blood on the serrano (?) out in ohio. only got one shot....aaand i missed. i didn't hit him where i wanted. fortunately, i didn't hurt him....i saw him again a couple days later. pretty bummed about it, but all i can do now is learn from it....i know what i did wrong.

Good luck in VT, keep us posted!
Stunning pics!
And yeah, cross-draw is awesome, my preferred method of carry with the Serrano :thumbsup:
Mine too:thumbsup:

great pics guys.

That happens, always sucks when it does. I hope you have better success in VT!

Stunning pics!

So far, it's mine too! :) :thumbsup: Completely out of the way there. However, since I usually don't tuck my t-shirt in, I'm still not sure (but I do tuck my shirt in when pheasant hunting, since I'm wearing suspenders that button inside my pants).

I've admittedly not carried a fixed blade much in the crossdraw position, except when I have a firearm strapped to my right side (usually when Elk hunting, and both knife and pistol are strapped to my pack belt).

great pics guys.

Just got back from a couple days in South Newfane...friend has a cabin there.

had to look that one up. :D i don’t know southern vt very well apparently.

sounds great though. any luck?

Didn't go for hunting, but hung out with some others Fri night that were heading out first thing Sat morning. Saw 2 fresh kills via cars though:eek::D

nice. when i sent my hunting update, i was trying to attach a pic of my serrano in the snow, but i could never get the file small enough to post via my phone....so naturally, i gave up. :D
I use an app called Snapseed on my phone. It's about the quickest way I've found to edit and resize under 500kb. Never Surrender!!!:p

I use an app called Snapseed on my phone. It's about the quickest way I've found to edit and resize under 500kb. Never Surrender!!!:p

never-dont-give-up.jpg

thanks for the snapseed tip. i'll check it out.

i can't seem to get rid of these IMG tags. guess i need to post more pics. :rolleyes:
never-dont-give-up.htm

never-dont-give-up.htm

never-dont-give-up.htm

Caution, Trivial Content Ahead:

I'm the official pencil sharpener for my kids. I would give them a pencil sharpener but I like the illusion of being necessary. I gotta say though, the Serrano is by far the best knife I've ever used to sharpen a pencil. The belly is in the perfect spot.
20191128_194059-01.jpeg

Back