Desperados Waiting for a Train

Thumpling is a dimpled texture on the spine near the handle. It's not aggressive, but it gives a little bit of grab. I guess we have our own language in here:eek:

Blackwood would go well with these, I'll take a look t what I have that would work well and post some options for the front spacer.

I like either micarta, paperstone, or G10 for the end spacer, it adds strength back there and lets me peen it like I mean it. I have a few color options there.

Ray, right actor, wrong movie;)
Ok, give me a "thumpling." :cool:
And blackwood is intriguing...and yeah I'll probably go with micarta on the rear spacer. Curious to colors available.
Speaking of colors, what's the leather gonna be. I forget. Natural?
Thanks John.
~Don

Another thumpled Blackwood here.

If memory serves, you have black and natural micarta?

If that is the case, I’d like natural.

If green is an option, I’d pass on the Blackwood and ask for green at both ends unless you feel it wouldn’t look right. I value your opinion so give it to me straight, doc. ;)

Love the paperstone, great product!:cool::thumbsup:

Grew up watching those movies, and watch them whenever they are on. The Nobody's were awsome!
On Henry Fonda's fake headstone at the end, "Nobody was faster", such a great scene!
Excellent choices!:):thumbsup:
Dug out this old picture of us from back in the day.
butch-cassidy-and-the-sundance-kid_u-l-pw61lu0.jpg

How about this combo John?

• Is the dark blue - midnight dark or more sapphire? Maybe the blue can go between the GID bands too. Therefore, only 2 colors with the silver.

• Any more of the glow in the dark?

• If you need more spacers and less leather :( we can talk. You know me - lessismore :thumbsup:

Thanks.

Ray

View attachment 1096856
The blue is pretty dark.
Glow in the dark would be cool, I still have some.
By lessismore, do you mean you would want more leather and less spacer area? Or vice versa?
One of my favorite knives right there.
Watching Hang 'Em High on History
Great movie, the only thing I miss about having cable was the Western channel, that was the best. Welcome to our ghost town by the way:thumbsup:

Ok, give me a "thumpling." :cool:
And blackwood is intriguing...and yeah I'll probably go with micarta on the rear spacer. Curious to colors available.
Speaking of colors, what's the leather gonna be. I forget. Natural?
Thanks John.
~Don
They'll be natural leather Don. Good to have a first name:thumbsup:

Another thumpled Blackwood here.

If memory serves, you have black and natural micarta?

If that is the case, I’d like natural.

If green is an option, I’d pass on the Blackwood and ask for green at both ends unless you feel it wouldn’t look right. I value your opinion so give it to me straight, doc. ;)
a509e6a214a95a8c9f602dccc549ab43.jpg

We can do green on both ends but as your doctor I would go for different materials.
(Character and Show anyone?)

I put an asterisk on my preferences. If I had to choose I would go with blackwood with the blue denim end spacer.

I'll work with you if you have something you want to send, all I'd ask is that you'd turn your Dibs into a handshake. It might be hard for me to sell a stacked leather knife with a Hello Kitty spacer!

Blackwood*
Mesquite
Mahogany
Bocote*
CheChen

Paperstone (maroon)*

Micarta:
Blue denim*
OD green
Black
A light natural (more orange)
A dark natural (more brown)
Maroon *

G10:
Black
Blue (really bright)
Orange
Pink
Maroon (brighter than the micarta)

Dug out this old picture of us from back in the day.
butch-cassidy-and-the-sundance-kid_u-l-pw61lu0.jpg

The blue is pretty dark.
Glow in the dark would be cool, I still have some.
By lessismore, do you mean you would want more leather and less spacer area? Or vice versa?
One of my favorite knives right there.

Great movie, the only thing I miss about having cable was the Western channel, that was the best. Welcome to our ghost town by the way:thumbsup:

They'll be natural leather Don. Good to have a first name:thumbsup:

a509e6a214a95a8c9f602dccc549ab43.jpg

We can do green on both ends but as your doctor I would go for different materials.
(Character and Show anyone?)
Doc Adams but the one on radio, Howard McNear, was much better than the tv one.

I'll take "Western Movie Lines' for 200 please Johnny....

"What is a plethora?"

Back