Desperados Waiting for a Train

Initial bevels are done on all 8, two edges are finished (#1, 8) I've been wearing mine the last two days, one day crossdraw, one day vertical. Can't decide which way I like better, that's a good sign.

Thumpling and rounded spine (the Rupes)
View attachment 1210491

giphy.gif

That was s'post to be a Magic 8 Ball image, but I was too tired to fix it. We're down to just about one daytime responder now (we did have two for the four-car Hwy smash'em up this morning at 7:42; Vince was on his way to work, so stuck around for a bit) - it was a brisk 18 degrees this morning, so that helped us stay frosty...

One Riot.jpg

On the broken gas main call yesterday (excavator), it occurred to me, 'Everyone expects someone to come to their aid, but no one wants to be someone.' Sad really...

Most folks don't have the physical and/or mental capacity to be a first responder. Their fight or flight response defaults to flight, and they just can't get past it. I've seen it happen in person, several times, kind of sad really.

Back on track, where's that train? o_O

Folks sure can take the hell out of some cell phone video though!

Boxcar number 4 is sharpened, 5, 6 and 7 to go.
Yeah, a lot of that, fo' sho. Back on track. I think this was an amazing build, a great thread, and some quality Redmeadow knives headed out soon to some pretty cool dudes. I'd call that a win in every aspect. Well done, John. :thumbsup:

Eight bells? Does this mean the wait, er watch, is over?

From Maine Maritime - "The practice of using bells stems from the days of the sailing ships. Sailors couldn't afford to have their own time pieces and relied on the ship's bells to tell time. The ship's boy kept time by using a half-hour glass. Each time the sand ran out, he would turn the glass over and ring the appropriate number of bells. Each ship “watch” is four hours, or eight bells, in length."

Or?

81il+xBvOZL1.jpg

Back