Dick Singer (Sogguy) has passed

I just got this email.
Steve

Friends,

I was brought into this "Circle of Friends" by a man with the name of Richard Keith Singer, we all affectionately refer to him as Dick.
I am sad to inform you all that Dick passed away on Thursday evening December the 7 th. He died of complications from Lymphoma.
I have had the honor to meet several of you and can boldly state that anyone who is a friend of Dicks must be very special indeed. For he loved with the intensity of the sun and only surrounded himself with those whom he saw that quality in as well. I know that i will strive to be worthy of all that he has entrusted me with.
Heaven is richer today than it was before.
Please keep me in your circle and feel free to contact me should you need anything or just want to talk about our friend. He is a good man and will be dearly missed.
The next statement you see comes from a message that he wanted me to pass along to you.

I have been told that as long as a persons name is spoken, they will never be forgotten, my request is that once a year you whisper my name, while you watch a wild animal enjoy their freedom.
Richard (Dick)

Let us all speak his name often.

May God bless you all in this time of mourning and God bless Dick Singer

Godspeed and safe journey my Friend

Humbly, Ryan Roundy

Last edited by a moderator:
God Bless.
He can shake the hands of Bill and Rusty and Pappy and others now.

munk

Thank you, Steve and Ryan. Our friend has passed, but we should not greet this news with sadness. I have now whispered his name, as I will often, and smoke will go up. Dick, you will be remembered, and you will not be forgotten. This place and these people aren't fair-weather friends, and good friends never really leave. I'm glad to have known him, and I'm glad he's at peace.

Chris

That's really sad. He sent me a belt pouch probably not a month ago cause I had a gun he thought it would fit. He's was a cool guy. Glad I got to meet him while he was here on earth:thumbup:

Never got to meet or know him, but it sure sounds like I should have :(

More smoke up from this place for everyone.

Keno

And godspeed to him. Blessings for those who loved him.

Must be getting crowded up there.

My condolences to the family of Dick Singer. He was indeed wonderful friend and customer I shall truly miss him.

Smoke and prayers for Dick and those he left behind. I did enjoy his post. Godspeed, Dick.

Jake

A cold one will be consumed in his honor tonight. May his soul be at peace and my he not be forgotten.

condolences to his family :(
smoke and prayers...
i regret not being able to thank him in person for a very kind gesture last week.
i will cherish what has been passed to me forever :(
godspeed my friend... you will not be forgotten

I'll raise a glass in honor of Mr. Singer.
Theres an immortality gained in touching another persons life, as they touch others you continue through them and through out history.

Prayers for Dick's family. I never knew him personally but enjoyed reading his posts and see how his generosity touched many here.
Lloyd

I think I'll reread the copy of Bill's books that he made for us. He will be remembered.

Back