Dick Singer (Sogguy) has passed

May he sit in peace and comfort, in the circle of old soldiers.
Say hello to my Dad, Dick.

Mark

Dick was a great guy and a good friend, and one of the most generous people I have known.

A couple of months ago he sent me a suitcase literally bulging with HI knives, and asked me to send them out from time to time to anyone I thought would appreciate one. I have had the great pleasure of sending Dick's knives out into the world in his name since then, and I know they have brought more awareness of HI knives to others, and made several folks very happy.

For those of you who would like to do so in his name, Dick loved animals, and supported the Best Friends Animal Society, (http://www.bestfriends.org/). A memorial donation in his name can be made for anyone interested.

Generous and giving to the end, Dick mentioned just last week that he had arranged for all of his remaining belongings and vehicles to be donated to the Idaho State Veterans Home in his home town of Boise Idaho.

I am thankful that he is free of pain at last and at peace.

FYI, one week before he passed, on 12/1/06 Dick wrote this last line to end an email to me, and I don't think would mind if I shared it now:

"My time is short and I want you to know I am very fortunate to have been associated with you and HI, thanks to all."

Norm

From the professional viewpoint of law enforcement and clinical psychology, giving away possessions is one of the documented behaviors recognized by various measures to determine suicidal intentions or impending death, sometimes as a desperaton. But of course, of course Dick was purposeful and brilliant, deliberately touching many lives with his gestures of mail, participation in our forum, and face to face meetings with people and places. What a great man. That is dignity recognized by all. Style, courage and grace. I'm in awe of his presence of mind and spirit. It reminds me very much of our late friend Pappy, who until his last breath was upbeat and fighting for his family. To say this forum is touched by Good Guys is an understatement.

Prayers from Montana and more,

munk

I am truly saddened by this news. I wish I had known of it sooner. Dick was a great friend. He has sent me many knives, and gotten a lot of sheaths made by me. If it weren't for his encouragement I don't think I would ever have sold them. Last week after I got a goodbye message from him I asked him for a favor. I thought this was cheeky since I'd done not much but gotten from Dick since knowing him. I asked for a picture. I think that tickled him, and he sent me this picture.

RIP Richard Singer. I miss you already. God speed Brother. I will mention your name, and light the promised candle. Your friend, Andy.

Attachments

• DickSinger.JPG
    DickSinger.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 138
Of all days I couldn't make it here yesterday was one and I just got on the forums a while ago so I just learned of Dick beginning his Star Journey.:(

Smoke will be sent for Dick and his name will be added to those other friends and relatives that are never forgotten and that I won't see until I get there myself.

This epitaph most certainley is apt for Dick.

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn's rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there, I did not die...