Does anyone else wish superheroes would go away?

51jz0UiKg4L._AC_SX385_.jpg

My favorite super hero.

N2s
Now you’re talking! What a babe! The show absolutely sucked! But as long as Linda Carter was jumping around! I was watching her! .....Now I love old Westerns. To the OP, if you get ME Tv.. There are the old westerns from the 50’s 60’s all day! Have Gun will Travel, Raw Hide, Bonanza, the Rifleman, Wagon Train! And more!

Now you’re talking! What a babe! The show absolutely sucked! But as long as Linda Carter was jumping around! I was watching her! .....Now I love old Westerns. To the OP, if you get ME Tv.. There are the old westerns from the 50’s 60’s all day! Have Gun will Travel, Raw Hide, Bonanza, the Rifleman, Wagon Train! And more!
I watch a lot of MeTv & Antenna TV. I also watch Pluto TV which is free through Wi-Fi on my Vizio smart TV.

Superhero movies are fine but fast and furious movies should of stopped 10 movies ago

Superheroes have existed in movies for a long time. James Bond, Jason Bourne, Zorro, Rambo, The Rocketeer, Lara Croft, Indiana Jones, Harry Potter, The Shadow, Neo, Sherlock Holmes, Gilgamesh, etc. Many of those characters have an aspect associated to them which is far above what a normal person can do, making them "super". The difference now is that Hollywood has the technology to produce the more elaborate special effects which are drawn in comic books.

My favorite movie hero of all time is Zatoichi, the blind swordsman, from the movie series starring Shintaro Katsu that started in 1962 and ended in 1989; the last movie was made after a 16-year hiatus. What I really like about the character is his humanity, his humor, and his complexity, making him seem real. Especially in the 1960s-era films. He was an easy character to cheer for, and was never happy when he needed to take a life.

The 2003 Zatoichi reboot starring Beat Takeshi sucked, IMO.

Jim

They will keep making those movies because it is profitable and easy. Most of them follow the same scenario: some king of origin story, loss of power/self discovery, and glorious comeback. All of it mixed with huge amount of CGI. I think that the market is too saturated and you do not get the same level of excitement as before, plus most of these movies lack the originality.

They will keep making those movies because it is profitable and easy. Most of them follow the same scenario: some king of origin story, loss of power/self discovery, and glorious comeback. All of it mixed with huge amount of CGI. I think that the market is too saturated and you do not get the same level of excitement as before, plus most of these movies lack the originality.

Well with superheroes who're meant to portray ideals, you're kind of limited with just what you can do and what sort of story you can tell. You can't exactly have someone like Steve Rogers carrying out a Jack Bauer style of interrogation to get the necessary information to stop something that's about to happen. Tony Stark, maybe, but not Steve Rogers.

Last edited:
Back