1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

Does anyone have any experience with "Big Custom Knives", or BCK?

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by jac_solar, Feb 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jac_solar

jac_solar

Sep 1, 2013
    I just came across BCK, and thought it was weird that I hadn't heard about them before -- http://bigcustomknives.com/

They seem to make some interesting, well priced, huge knives -- especially the bowies. So, are they legit?

They are really big knives indeed -- most are above 10" in blade length, and range from 1/4" to 1/2" blade thickness.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ATwistedStaple

ATwistedStaple Banned BANNED

Jun 26, 2013
    There's some good looking blades there. The stats all look fine, but the lack of identifying information on the page makes me wonder if it's not an overseas factory operation masquerading as a maker's custom shop. Nothing about the maker, the shops location, material sources, etc. You don't have to be in the market for long to figure out that those things are important to a lot of people, so leaving them off of the website entirely is worrying.

I'd like some feedback too though if anyone has dealt with them before. The "border patrol" looks pretty slick.

3. jac_solar

jac_solar

Sep 1, 2013
    Yeah. These are the kind of knives I like (Huge bowie/chopper style knives.), yet I've never heard of them before, and the extensive catalog should mean they've been around for awhile, or at least been making knives for awhile.

4. thedemonbeast

thedemonbeast

May 8, 2011
    Big Custom Knives are located in Slidell, Louisiana. I have bought two of their awesome knives so far. They are definitely Legit. What it is is 3 friends that got together and make knives. The knives...some of them...are hand forged. I talk with the main guy quite often. he is on my facebook as one of my friends. I bought the Grim Reaper from them And the Destroyer knife. If yoy are familiar at all with the Overseas knives, then you know that they do Not put any maker mark on their knives. No staming at all unless it is the cheap copied knies from Chin such as the fake Extrema Ratio knives, etc, coming out of China. And those knives arejust stenciled.

The BCK knives all have their maker mark on them, and the ones that I have also have the actual model name of the knife Stamped on the blade where the handle is as well!! These knives are made by hand in Slidell, Louisiana. When I received the knives, I received them in ample time that it would take for 2-day priority mail to come from Slidell, Louisina to Milwaukee, WI where I reside. I have researched some about them. I actually think the guys' business is just a new one. I am from Louisianaa originally, and Slidell, is like a suburb of New Orleans. Big Custom Knives also has a Facebook page. The maker I have been dealing with is name Tom Ordes. I believe he i the main knife maker of the company.

5. MTURBO

MTURBO Banned BANNED

Nov 5, 2014
    If anything else they would make for some serious conversation pieces! Wow!:eek:

6. Ground0

Ground0 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 21, 2015
    They are really cool and might actually place an order for one

7. Rat Finkenstein

Rat Finkenstein

May 18, 2005
    They will stamp whatever you want stamped on knives made in pakistan, china, or wherever.

8. thedemonbeast

thedemonbeast

May 8, 2011
    Well regardless, I know Beyond a Doubt that BCK Knives are Legit hand made knives and made in Slidell, Louisiana. But why dont you buy one, or better yet contact the guy like I did, and end any skepticism that you might have. I have talked with the guy on the phone. He has an American Southern accent. I bought 2 of their knives, the Grim Reaper and the bone handled Destroyer knives. That Reaper knife is a Monster...15" D2 steel blade, 5/16" thick, 5" handle with a 1" protruding Skullcrusher piece. Blade and guard all one piece. Total length of this massive beast is 21". Hand forged as it still shows pounded marks. Hardened at 59° hrc.

Im not blaming ya, and it is exactly the right thing to be skeptical, what with so many fakes out there. I just simply do not blame you guys one bit for asking questions and wanting to be sure of their legitimacy. I compliment you on that.

But all I can say is I have talked with him on the phone...Louisiana area code and all. And I have looked them up on Facebook. And when he shipped both knives to me...diff times of course...I did receive them in 2 days time. They were indeed Shipped from Slidell/New Orleans, Louisiana. And they do have a legitimate website.

Plus there are other characteristics that I will not mention here...that Assures me that BCK Knives are the real deal.

9. thedemonbeast

thedemonbeast

May 8, 2011

Buddy, you will get one Helluva awesome American-made knife if you do. And the main maker, Tom Ordes, is just freaking awesome to do business with. He is like no other knife maker I have ever dealt with before!!

Believe me, you will Not Regret it!! If you are a big man, try getting the Grim Reaper knife. I bought it and man, it is MASSIVE!! I also got the Destroyer knife too. Was going to get the Destroyer one that looks identical to the Reaper knife.

But I actually really liked the White bone handled one better. Man, up against that Black powder coated blade...ohhh man, is it a beauty. Esp with the Black leather sheath that comes with it.

10. ATwistedStaple

ATwistedStaple Banned BANNED

Jun 26, 2013
    Pics or it didn't happen!

11. thedemonbeast

thedemonbeast

May 8, 2011
    You asked for it...So here it is...My handmade Reaper knife by BCK:

[​IMG]

12. thedemonbeast

thedemonbeast

May 8, 2011
    [​IMG]

Here is another pic of my Massive Monstrous Hand Forged Handmade Grim Reaper Knife by BCK!!

13. thedemonbeast

thedemonbeast

May 8, 2011
    Ive not taken any pics of my much smaller handmade BCK knife called the Destroyer yet, but I will soon!! In the meantime however, here is another glance of my massive monstrous BCK knife, The Grim Reaper:

[​IMG]

14. lmbhami

lmbhami

Aug 20, 2008
    I was skeptical at first myself.I contacted Tom as well. He was very fast to reply and I ordered a for lack of a better term a customized Destoryer. Different blade legnth, different blade steel, different guard setup, different finish and no skull crusher. He told me no problem. I just ordered last week. so I have not received it as of yet but all seems to be on the up and up. I will post pictures once I receive. Tom seems like a stand up guy.

15. thedemonbeast

thedemonbeast

May 8, 2011
    I received my bone handled BCK Destroyer a few days ago. Today I ordered the D2 steel blade version SOS knife and the dreaded War Fare knife, full tang VG-10 steel!! My 5th one is a custom made BCK knife!!

16. T.K.C.

T.K.C.

May 7, 2005
    There is nothing appealing to me about those knives. They LOOK like big, UGLY, cheaply made knives to me.

17. Rat Finkenstein

Rat Finkenstein

May 18, 2005
    please do mention these characteristics.

18. thedemonbeast

thedemonbeast

May 8, 2011
    Just received my BCK SOS D2 steel version hollow handle knife. 10" D2 steel blade, 5/16" thick at spine, brass guard and skullcrusher endcap, D2 steel handle!! Black powder coated blade.

Truly an awesome made knife. Now, to the person who commented on these knives being big ugly and cheaply made: Do I sense some jealousy there?? You don't even own one of these knives, yet you can sit there and judge them!

Your words mean absolutely Nothing unless and until you have owned one of these awesome knives!!

But I do agree...They are big and ugly as in nasty ass mean!! But cheaply made?? Definitely some jealousy going on there!! LOL

19. thedemonbeast

thedemonbeast

May 8, 2011
    Sorry, but I am not interested in sharing any information in order to fill anyone's drama queen hunger!! You will have to go get drama queen fed somewhere else!!

20. thedemonbeast

thedemonbeast

May 8, 2011

Hello,

You will Not Regret getting that knife!! I have the bone handled Destroyer and love it!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.