1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.
  2. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

DONE w/ Hinderer!

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by MacLaren1, Jul 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Murphjd25

Murphjd25 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2016
    Damn that sucks man. You should try out some CRKs instead. :p:D

I like Ricks knives, but meh, they just ended up not being for me in the end.

Dcdavis and MacLaren1 like this.
  2. MacLaren1

MacLaren1 Gold Member Gold Member

May 15, 2014
    Yeah, I'd like try that Umazuuman or whatever the hell its called lol

bbk357 and Murphjd25 like this.
  3. Qbert_72

Qbert_72 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Sorry to hear. Did the bearing swap fix the issue on the first one?

MacLaren1 likes this.
  4. MacLaren1

May 15, 2014
    I just hope they put it where it gets the most exposure, dont you agree?
    Actually, I shouldn't have said that. Whatever is fine by me. I've said enough. Just look over me today.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
    mb> likes this.
  5. KCDR

KCDR Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 19, 2019
    Man MacLaern this sucks. You have been nothing but an advocate for Hinderer and to see this treatment is concerning to say the least.
    The fact that they had to change out the washers shows there was an issue with the action. This should be covered under the warranty in my opinion. This just sucks.

mb> and MacLaren1 like this.
  6. MacLaren1

May 15, 2014
    I tell ya what man, I truly appreciate you saying that. I really do.
    Thank you sir.

KCDR likes this.
  7. Lee D

Lee D Basic Member Basic Member

May 27, 2013
    It would be a good place for this one, folks will find it and add details of their experiences and those threads seem to routinely get bumped to keep them at the top.

MacLaren1 likes this.
  8. TheEdge01

TheEdge01

Apr 3, 2015
    Hinderer should appreciate their customers more than this, especially since their willing to pay 425 bucks for a knife. Word of mouth spreads like wildfire, and if Hinderer continues doing business this way, they’ll start noticing a steady decline in sales before long.

MacLaren1 likes this.
  9. MacLaren1

May 15, 2014
    Yes sir. You've been around a long time. I appreciate your input. And, it certainly is what it is...thats exactly how I'm looking at it.
    I must say, I'm progressing thru the stages of grief fairly well, lol........finally acceptance I think?

OilMan likes this.
  10. JJ_Colt45

JJ_Colt45 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2014
    Did they give you the reasoning of the charges for this knife as opposed to the first knife you sent in?

MacLaren1 likes this.
  11. MacLaren1

May 15, 2014
    Not really, just like I said in the original post, was that some of it was to cover shipping?
    And, it sounded like a guess on her part ( Carrie )
    At that point, I was pretty frustrated because I told her that the last one had the same thing done and there was no charge.
    She even sent an extra set of bearings with the last one and said that I should change them too.
    But, I told her I didn't have the tools to take a Hinderer apart and that I had already sent it their way anyways.

12. mendezj

mendezj Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 24, 1998
    Well, I’m very thankful for your post because now I know it’s no me, so to speak. And you know something about my experience as you very kindly provided me with Carrie’s email.

I’ve tried contacting Hinderer four times and called once (no response). Today I wrote about an experience yesterday with some Monkey vendor. I’ve already written about it. I saw a Jurassic with a lanyard spacer ($60 on its own) so I bought it. Except that the knife arrived without the lanyard spacer.

I wrote the Monkey vendor and they answered “Hinderer sent what Hinderer sends”, return the knife if you want to (return label attached). By the way, at the Monkey site no one signs their emails, just “staff” as if they are too big or important to finish their emails with a name. I’ll NEVER again buy from the Monkey site.

So today I wrote Carrie about it, emphasizing that I have written three or four other emails about custom work to no avail. Finally she wrote earlier today saying that they have no lanyard spacers, and to return the knife to the Monkey site for a refund. I could almost see her shrugging her shoulders dismissively. Some way to treat a customer who’s dropped nearly $1,000 for two knives within a week.

13. MacLaren1

May 15, 2014
    I reckon guys, the bottom line is that no matter what, this should be covered by warranty.
    But, it wasn't. So now I eat that $25 and move on.

14. MacLaren1

May 15, 2014
    You said more than you will ever know -- you just spent over a $1,000 in 1 week with Hinderer, and thats the Customer Service you get.......
    Believe me, I know.

mendezj likes this.
  15. mendezj

mendezj Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 24, 1998
    Reputations are built on little rocks, incidents, one at the time, little by little. I’m not returning to the Monkey site for sure. I’ve certainly lost interest on Hinderer. Besides, I find Reeve and Microtech knives more useful and their customer service, in my experience, is fantastic.

MacLaren1 likes this.
  16. MacLaren1

May 15, 2014
    It did.
    But, since you mention this, I got out my old paper work and whats really strange is that Carrie told me on the phone that they replaced the bearings and she was sending another set of bearings to replace myself for the black and blue Eklipse- the one we're talking about now. But, as already stated, I told her I didn't have the tools to take apart an Eklipse and that it was already in the mail. Well, when I got the first eklipse back it had no mention of the bearings being replaced! I thought that so strange since Carrie told me over the phone that the bearings were replaced and said she would send another set of bearings for me to install on the other one. And this was again reiterated in an email. I thought, oh well, its fixed. Don't know why the worksheet doesn't mention that the bearings weren't replaced. It was obvious that they were because #1 Carrie told they were and #2 It was totally flipping fine and #3 and most importantly, im not a liar. What I say is the truth. But, at any rate, whether the bearings are replaced or not, should be covered under warranty on a brand spanking new $425 knife.
    Here are the documents
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. MacLaren1

May 15, 2014
    Fellas, thats my personal info on there. I've got nothing to hide and I sure am telling the truth.
    I just really mad that I was forced to pay for something that should absolutely be covered under warranty. I just wanna be as transparent as I can too.

18. Lee D

Lee D Basic Member Basic Member

May 27, 2013
    5 minutes of “service time”???

Julian Williams, willc and MacLaren1 like this.
  19. MacLaren1

May 15, 2014
    Lol, I absolutely wandered about that too!

20. goldie

goldie

Feb 18, 2000
    I dont blame you , dealing with some of these guys is hit and miss. Ive sent a couple of emails to Demko knives, i wanted another set of thumb lugs for anAD15, even willing to buy them and have never gotten a response back. That sucks. That nerd Hinderer should have sent it back w the bearings free of charge.Bad enough he charges those crazy prices for standoffs and pocket clips.....

willc and MacLaren1 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.