Doug Ritter RSK Knife Announcement

The first mini Grip I've ever had. KSF g-10 scales. Hate to see this collaboration end.

eVPDtFJ.jpg

Thanks Joe. I love the look of all the Ritter Grips. I've had one since 2007.

Some wonderful Ritter-based variations in this posting, thanks for all of them!

Sad stuff, it's easily my favorite Benchmade of all time. It had he most EDC friendly geometry IMO.

I got 2 of the full size models, black and orange. I'd been holding off on getting one for a LONG time, but it was an easy decision once I saw the announcement.
Shaving sharp out of the box, well centered, loving these blades.
Now I wonder what took me so long to buy them!
C

My 2nd favorite BM behind the 940. and the name on the blade meant alot to the allure.

Last edited:
Ugh. I actually just returned a full size Ritter Grip to Knifeworks because I just wasn't feeling it. Somehow, I didn't realize just how big the full size models were. I didn't really see the point of getting the mini Ritter because I've already got two other mini-Grips. Now I'm kinda wishing I had just kept it, because it probably would have grown on me.

I have 3. A large and mini in M4 with Wilkinsgrips and a Large M390 with Wilkinsgrips. Honestly one of my favorite models of all time. Mini in M4 is my most carried knife.

Hard to believe it is being discontinued.

Does Allen P make aluminum scales?? I thought he was strictly G10. He used to do some CF, but not anymore as of last year.
Joe

My wife gave me the ok to get one for Christmas! Ordering a small orange today.

Just ordered a large and mini black Ritter. What the heck, why not. Bought a mini orange for my girlfriend and she loves it,

Does Allen P make aluminum scales?? I thought he was strictly G10. He used to do some CF, but not anymore as of last year.
Joe

I don't know if he still does but he did. I had a set for a mini grip in aluminum but didn't care for them. Too light and cheap feeling for me but others may like them.

Funny, I just got out my two mini's a while ago to try swapping the washers between them. The Ritter has tight action and the sheepfoot a bit of play. I think i got the washers confused when swapping around scales a while ago. My guess is the Ritter takes thinner washers and that is hopefully the source of my issue.

Anyway, I took a break after finishing up some flashings in the sheet metal shop and ran into this thread before working on the knives.

This is my lot of Grips. Starting at the top is the stock Pardue shape, partially serrated wearing Igorded canvas Micarta; followed by my M390 Ritters in Wilkins coarse G10 with the sweet blood-red aluminum butt-spacers; and at the bottom my black sheepfoot pair in 154CM and Igor's random G10 pattern, which is kinda like Anso, but, well, random. The pattern (is it a pattern if it's random?) doesn't show well in this pic so I'll plug another in below to show it off even though this is a Ritter thread.

The Ritters are my favorites with that high flat grind and the M390--wicked good slicers. The sheep foot pair take a really sharp edge with their hollow grind and are great cutters. Oddly enough, the knife that gets the most carry is the top one as it's one of my hard-use, sometime work carries. It's easy to sharpen, the 154CM gets really keen, and I'm not afraid to beat it up a bit.

Too bad about the Ritter discontinuation. There are so many really good knives that BM doesn't make anymore. As other posters have mentioned, there probably comes a point in the sales arc of most models that manufacture is no longer cost effective. In this case the relationship between the parties may have influenced the decision.

Posters have also mentioned that there are a lot of Ritters out there and they should be fairly easy to obtain on the secondary market for the foreseeable future. I wonder if the secondary market itself indeed has a role in falling sales of new knives as guys move on from their purchases and there are plenty of cheaper used pieces in good condition vying with more expensive new knives. I don't mean to suggest that's a bad thing--just is what it is.

SCAWgUo.jpg

OKDjweB.jpg

If you decide to replace those orange scales, I would be interested in either buying them from you or trading for a black set. I've been trying to get a hold of an orange set to put on my old mini so that I can gift it to my son. Please let me know.
-Matt

Hey Matt, send me a PM. I've got a stock orange mini set that you can have for the price of the postage.
--Steve

Edit: I posted in your WTB thread. Just realized you can't PM with your membership level. Email me through my Profile page and we can set something up for your son.

Last edited:
Had anyone notice that the Doug Ritters pivot washers comes lightly oiled? (I can visually see and smell it). Not as the way Benchmade knives come. Seems that the Benchmades come stock with a touch of grease on the washers. Is this the norm for the Ritters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Got my full size Ritter in the mail today. The pivot was crazy tight! Couldn't even flick it open all the way. I adjusted it and it's smooth as glass, no blade play. Sweet knife!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back