Doug Ritter RSK Knife Announcement

The new 560 looks very similar. Might be the same as the one photo above.

Ritter mini blade comes Stonewashed with M390 super steel. Mines came in oiled, no blade play and opens like glass. Don't want to take it apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mine did too and I'm loving it! I've ran that m390 blade through a country mile of cardboard this holiday season and I am very impressed with the edge retention.

Anybody know what the warranty on these knives look like?
Say if I was an idiot and snapped the blade, do they have extra replacement blades or something?

For what it's worth, I had two 710s with M2 blades that needed replacement many years (5? I don't recall exactly) after the M2 knives were discontinued, and BM still had blades. There are obviously no guarantees with replacement blades (in terms of how long they'll be available), but I wouldn't panic. Call BM CS and ask if they can tell you anything.

Once again I berate myself for not picking up one or two more Ritters in M2. Just for the blade, that is. I asked at one point and was told they were all gone.

That was a very limited run. IIRC, there were originally 150 of each (large and small). There was an "overrun" of ~75 large knives, again IIRC.

Well, I'd been wanting an m390 version, but this forced my hand. Just ordered. Too bad Doug, sorry to hear it.

Do the full size Ritter's have a slight recurve, or did they get into the belt a little too much on mine when they sharpened it? I never noticed it on any pictures but looking down the edge, you can see it recurve just a bit. Just curious. It's not enough to bother me if it's not supposed to be there, but hey that may be on the blade design too.

Who cares what the MAP is. The retailer can still charge whatever he or she wishes, they just can't advertise a lower price. The policy is not uncommon on name brand products in all industries, it's how companies combat online mega retailers and cut rate sellers to protect their authorized outlets. Supply & demand is the true price driver.
So you call up an online retailer and offer them a price 15% below the stated map sale price and see if they take it? Really??

Anybody know what the warranty on these knives look like?
Say if I was an idiot and snapped the blade, do they have extra replacement blades or something?

Normal usage will not cause a blade to snap. Abuse does that. It would probably not be covered under warranty (unless a metalurgical failure can be determined), but $30 will get you a new blade for as long as they have extra blades in stock, which could be for quite a while. I swapped the blade on my 812S-LH about 5 years ago, even though the left-handed version had been out of production since about 2002.

Do the full size Ritter's have a slight recurve, or did they get into the belt a little too much on mine when they sharpened it? I never noticed it on any pictures but looking down the edge, you can see it recurve just a bit. Just curious. It's not enough to bother me if it's not supposed to be there, but hey that may be on the blade design too.

Since the blades are hand sharpened/ground using a belt, there's always the chance for too much metal to be removed. Just took a look at my S30v Ritter blade, and it's got a minor 'suggestion' of a recurve, but you really have to look for it.

Can you post some pictures, please? It may just be that the cutting edge didn't clear the plunge grind, so there's a flair and a little more blade back there at the flair, inducing a moment of recurve. This is kinda the rule with Benchmade blades, even if it is slight. But to answer your question generally: no, the blade is not a recurve design.

Should not be recurved, it's designed as a straight edge. Just looked at my brand new M390, and it's straight. If I look directly down the edge, there is a *tiny* bit of waviness near the heel, but that's somewhat to be expected on a hand-sharpened blade.

I don't know if this picture shows it, but from what you guys are saying, it's faint enough it's just a product of hand sharpening. It doesn't bother me at all, I was just curious.

I don't know if this picture shows it, but from what you guys are saying, it's faint enough it's just a product of hand sharpening. It doesn't bother me at all, I was just curious.

I can see it. Shouldnt be too hard to correct if you want, just spend more time on the belly, or grind the edge to level it and then reprofile (probably a big pain to do it that way).

I would keep the belly and grind the back end, with normal sharpening, if I wanted it removed.

Back